Confused About When Shows Are On

Kati184

Hi all,

Sorry for a very dumb questions - I am clueless about shows. I am helping my Mum research different breeds and it was suggested that we attend the show at Durack (Brisbane) on the 21st of August. We went along and really enjoyed it but did not get around to seeing all of the breeds Mum wanted to meet.

Firstly, I've been on the CCCQ website but am having trouble working out from the lists what the shows are for (i.e. what breeds/classes are there) so I am hoping you could just suggest to us what shows would be good to attend to see the toy breeds.

Secondly, we struggled to work out what was going on but were hesitant to disturb too many people to ask the what/when/where's of the day (although we did meet some lovely, helpful people). Is there a better way for us to find our way around? Like a schedule or something? Otherwise we'll just continue looking for friendly faces of those not too busy looking :)

Thanks for your help :thumbsup:

So when you look at the show schedule Toys are Group 1. The will be judged in alphabetical order, so will start with Australia Silky (correct me if I got that wrong guys!!) at the designated start time. Males will be judged first, in age order - youngest to oldest. Then females in the same order. Then the best male and female will compete for best of breed. The best of each age class may then compete as well - eg. baby puppy of breed, junior of breed etc.

If you have time, cruise along before start time, pick a spot and park a chair to sit and watch. If you get confused with the order of things just enjoy the dogs.

It may be worth making a post on here to see if there are any people going that you can meet up with. It can be a bit mystifying to watch classes coming and going from the ring without someone to bounce questions off.

And lastly - have fun!! Even if confusing. The best time to approach exhibitors is after they've finished their class. So if you watch for breeds you like, watch the exhibitors until they are done in the ring and intrduce yourself. Most people love to talk about their breed (unless they've had a really bad loss I suppose... :D ).

Edited by Alyosha

Was there a breed in the toy group you are specifically interested in? There is the Aust. Silky, chihuahua and cavalier shows on Sat 17th at Durack and an all breeds show on the sunday 18th september.

Don't forget that not everyone is able to sit ring side and there are lots of people down the back as well that you can talk to. It goes in alphabetical order so you are best to approach people when they are not due to go in. An example is if your interested in pugs, talk to them earlier on in the day.

The show on the 18th starts at 9am at Durack.

I don't know if it's possible (I've always ordered mine) but you could go to the office (opposite the toy ring, 1/2 way down the building) and buy a catalogue ($2.50 for that show) and then you can follow which dogs are in and what order they are and mark the dogs that you like on there.

Hi all,

Sorry for a very dumb questions - I am clueless about shows. I am helping my Mum research different breeds and it was suggested that we attend the show at Durack (Brisbane) on the 21st of August. We went along and really enjoyed it but did not get around to seeing all of the breeds Mum wanted to meet.

Firstly, I've been on the CCCQ website but am having trouble working out from the lists what the shows are for (i.e. what breeds/classes are there) so I am hoping you could just suggest to us what shows would be good to attend to see the toy breeds.

Secondly, we struggled to work out what was going on but were hesitant to disturb too many people to ask the what/when/where's of the day (although we did meet some lovely, helpful people). Is there a better way for us to find our way around? Like a schedule or something? Otherwise we'll just continue looking for friendly faces of those not too busy looking :)

Thanks for your help :thumbsup:

I will be happy to meet you and show you around till you familiarise yourselves at Durack.

I will be at Durack for Maree Kennel Club Show on the 18th Sept.

I would be happy to meet you at a time that suits you on that day.

I would suggest that we meet near the coffee van.

I will be easy to recognise I will have an Italian Greyhound with me.

I seek out Oakway when visiting Durack :thumbsup:

I am sure there was a discussion here at one stage about having locality ambassadors, ie people that could explain the layout, procedure, order of judging, etc.

You heat seaking little missile :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thank you all for the great information. We were a bit mystified last time and weren't sure of the where's, when's or why's :)

Thank you so so much for your kind offer Oakway, that would make things much easier for us. We should be able to make on the 18th but I'll check in with Mum and let you know.

I quite enjoyed the show last month and that can only get better once we have a clue, lol.

Edited by Kati184

Thank you all for the great information. We were a bit mystified last time and weren't sure of the where's, when's or why's :)

Thank you so so much for your kind offer Oakway, that would make things much easier for us. We should be able to make on the 18th but I'll check in with Mum and let you know.

I quite enjoyed the show last month and that can only get better once we have a clue, lol.

No problems. You just let me know a time. :)

Just remember that the breeds are judged alphabetically so if you are interested in a breed in the A, B or C's you will need to be there at 9.00am.

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you, been trying to pin down some family plans. Unfortunately we'll be unable to make it next Sunday because of birthday celebrations for my brother, sigh.

Are there any shows in October? If so we'll mark that in the diary now as we are keen to get to another one.

Thanks again!

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you, been trying to pin down some family plans. Unfortunately we'll be unable to make it next Sunday because of birthday celebrations for my brother, sigh.

Are there any shows in October? If so we'll mark that in the diary now as we are keen to get to another one.

Thanks again!

No problems what so ever.

Their are All Breeds shows at Durack all the time.

Western Suburbs on 25th Sept. starts 9.00am

Dog Of The Year Support (2 shows both starting 4.00pm) on 1st Oct.

Waterloo Bay on the 9th Oct. starts with Sweepstakes 8.30am

Ipswich Kennel Club X 2 Championship shows 15th Oct. starting at 5pm.