Weekend Away

Pointees

Hey guys,

Last weekend I went away with friends, to another friends birthday, I was the photographer for the two days, as my horse is only 3.5 year old, and was only broken in a few months ago, so it was a good chance for her to sit and watch how the others behaved.

Awesome weekend away, until some of my photos were taken, and claimed as someone-elses.

Anyway. Enjoy.

Edited by Pointees

This is my baby girl.

She is amazing.

Some motorbikes went past us on a trail ride, and she didn't care.

She wasn't phased when the other horses went for a canter, she just kept walking.

The loud noises, and drunken people didn't phase her either.

I have no problem taking her out of the paddock, away from her friends.

Shes great to catch, tack up, float, rug, shoe, and even stands still for the dentist.

I can rug her when shes tied up, or in her paddock just standing around.

To float her, I point her at the float, put the rope over her neck, and she walks up and waits for me to secure her in there.

She doesn't paw at the ground when tied up, walks behind me when I lead her, doesn't push me around, and even waits back until I put food in her container, and waits for me to move away.

I am very happy with her, considering her age!

post-28840-0-17604200-1315056706_thumb.jpg

Pointees,loved looking at ur pics, (pity about the nice person taking ur pics though).Your horse sounds like the one special horse you only tend to get once in a lifetime.I've still got my special boy that I have owned since I was 10, and he was a weanling.He is rising 22 this year and still the same cheeky personality.The ability to do almost anything I ask him and we know eachother so well, that he can read me as well as I read him.Just think you have so many enjoyable years ahead of you!Now to make it even better I think I need to see pics of your pointers with your horses!

Hi Pointees

Your girl is just gorgeous. Great photos, thanks for sharing. That's pretty good going for a guy in his 70s! Hope I'm that agile in my 70s .... actually wish I was that agile now!

Looks like a great weekend.

Roky & Kiki say hi

Cheers

Anna & Bruce

Hey guys.

Thanks for the comments, it was a busy but great weekend.

Sunday was more relaxed with a trail ride.

The photos I put on facebook, tagged the people to, thy took photos of them on their phones and reloaded them as their own.

I have asked them to delete them, but nope, they won't.

I guess I should be happy that my photos were liked that much, but I think it's rude and disrespectful of them.

Considering they also nagged me for a week to upload them, but I have two jobs so finding the time was difficult.

My girl is my life, such a gorgeous well mannered girl! Like your boy, chelle, she will be here for the long run :)

My pointer is scared of the horse! Lol.

Haven't seen roky and Kiki in a long time! How are they going?