Jrt Scared Of People And Slight Aggression

onetonne

hi all,

my dog is going pretty awesome but the last couple of weeks has started running away from strangers and occasionally barking at them. i don't pick him up or cottle him when he does it, i mostly just ignore him. i've had a few friends lure him to them with food/treats which he will eventually take but he won't let them pick him up or pet him. the only people he will let go near him are me and my neighbour who he hangs out with a fair bit.

he also sometimes backs up a bit when i go to pick him up. it's really only when he thinks we're going in the car (he gets car sick/drools) or wants to play and be chased!

is there anything more i can do to get him happy with people? he's almost 4 months old now, i've had him since 9 weeks. he was fine up until two weeks ago. is it simple fear stage or something more? he is absolutely fine with other dogs.

thankyou!

My boy went through fear stage where he would just bolt off if anything approached us, people or another dog at about 6 months of age

From memory that stage lasted about a month or so. Same as your pup, he was fine previously then all of a sudden he just got this terrible fear & just run away.

I just ignored the behaviour & put him back on a lead for a while till he regained his confidence. I didn't try to force him to socialize but I also didn't change our routine

either. We still walked everyday & I made sure that we did double of all fun stuff to help build his confidence.Hope I was of some help :)

My boy went through fear stage where he would just bolt off if anything approached us, people or another dog at about 6 months of age

From memory that stage lasted about a month or so. Same as your pup, he was fine previously then all of a sudden he just got this terrible fear & just run away.

I just ignored the behaviour & put him back on a lead for a while till he regained his confidence. I didn't try to force him to socialize but I also didn't change our routine

either. We still walked everyday & I made sure that we did double of all fun stuff to help build his confidence.Hope I was of some help :)

thankyou! that's reassuring :)