House Sitter For Dog With A Litter

mini girl

One of my girls - hopefully - is to have a litter mid October - my husband and I have been asked to go away for 2 nights at the end of November - the pups would be 6 weeks by then - I know my husband really wants to go and I am happy to if I can make suitable arrangements for my girl by way of a livein housesitter for the 2 nights - only did it once before when pups were nearly 5 weeks but that was for only one night - it was ok - but this time don't like to impose on friends or family - the friend who helped me last time is no longer in the best of health and family have dogs of their own and two babies. 6 week pups to those not in the know are a bit of a handful!! Are there people who do do this? I Hate to dissapoint my husband in this one - have often thought there must be others who need this kind of help too and would think of helping out a fellow breeder when required -I am more than happy to pay for the service but just interested to hear anyone had experice in this area.

I do know that some experienced owners/breeders do this occasionally - a great way of making a couple of extra dollars, as well as new friends and contacts in the dog world. Usually one half of a couple obviously as most have their own dogs too!

edit for clarity.

Edited by Alyosha

I would impose on friends & family again.

No way would I leave pups with a person I did not know personally. Other people have different ideas on raising & caring for pups/animals the same as they do with children. Until I know someone & what they think is ok its a no. Some things that people do & think are ok make me go :eek: Even friends.

To be honest even toilet crate training makes me think of a 2 year old child in a cot just big enough to turn in & woken up & sat on the outside/open air toilet every few hours in the night. Seems to be very acceptable for a baby pup :confused:

Above as an example of varying views, not another discussion.

Hope you manage to get a lovely couple of days away :)