Greys Adoption

woodbyne

Thank you Alyosha - you've got it right. I was only trying to show why I HAD, in the past, felt negatively. I've never bad-mouthed any breed. If I'd wanted to bad-mouth the Greyhound, I'd have gone to the thread where people were writing of breeds they were worried about.

The dog attack happened years ago. Obviously, if I'm still interested in the breed then it's because I've seen something in them that I've liked. GAP have done a fantastic job in changing my opinion. I now see them as quiet, placid dogs with a sweet temperament.

Having said that, I met the GAP assessor again and have found her to be lovely. The same dog, in a different environment was completely different. She did a few zoomies just to show that she can run - she was lovely. I loved watching the zoomies and the character of the dog really started to shine. It was terrific. So was the foster dog. I was just surprised that a big dog, that you see racing around a track, can be so quiet.

I've even recommended them to quite a few people. I still intend to foster one when the time is right - and that time will be when my old boy finally passes over. GAP have recommended that and I agree.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds good Zaddy. :thumbsup: Sounds like GAP will be a good contact for you.

I think it's good for anyone to find out as much as they can about something that interests them, especially when experience may have made them a little wary but the interest is still there.