Vomit After Eating

My 8 month old pup sometimes will vomit after eating. She starting doing this when she was young when I stopped putting water on her dry food. I thought it was because she was eating way to quickly (would call it inhaling not eating!!) so I brought her a go slow bowel.

This seems to have worked, but still ocassionally she still vomits after eating. When she gets towards the end of the food she has a strange look on her face then runs off and vomits some of her food up then eats it again.

So because it was still happpening I brought the larger size go slow bowel as the medium one has a layer of food on the top she could inhale. So we now have a massive go slow bowel. It solved the problem initially, but it is still happening every now and then.

There is not pattern to when this happens. Every now and then she will do this for a couple of days in a row and then it will stop.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why she is going this?

There are possibly several reasons a vet could look for .. but my guess is that she is eating way too fast .

have you tried feeding her from a treat ball ? that way she rolls it around, and only gets a couple of bits at a time (presuming you're feeding kibble) . if you are just feeding dry .. you can also use a sturdy softy drink or juice plastic bottle with a wide mouth :) fill it with the food .. show her where the food comes out .. and leaver her to it!

you could also try splitting her meal into smaller lots ,and feed 2 or 3 times a day ?

Thanks for your replies. :D I too think it is because she is eating way too quickly!! :(

I did at one stage think about talking to the vet, but the go slow bowel stopped the problem at the time.

Before I changed to the larger go slow bowl I would put half her food in the bowl and then put the other half in when she had finished. I might try this again.

Even though the go slow bowls are great, they can still eat the food on top quickly.

Elevating the bowel is a good idea - not quite sure how I will do this though. :confused: I know you can get stands, but these are for normal bowls, not the go slow ones.

I might start recording when it happens and how I feed her to see it I can pick a trend.

I wonder is different types of bowls are better. I might put up a new post for recommendations.