Hello Im New

huskies4life88

Hello

i am new here ( well not exactly been browsing for about 12months lol) :)

I have a beautiful rescue husky girl named talia she is approx 8 years old ( dont entirely know as she had no microchip when she was in the pound)

she has bad arthritis and seems like she is on her last legs :cry: poor baby.

But i could never have asked for a more amazingfriend

Hi and welcome!

Photos of your girl are a must if you're to become an accepted member of the community!! ;) :laugh:

Don't write Talia off just because of her arthritis - dogs are amazingly resilient!! My old Aussie Terrier lived to 16 with her arthritis. She was on Rimadyl tablets, a series of arthritis injections and Glyde powder in her food. She bounced back like a new dog and you'd never have known her age as it didn't show.

Sounds like you live her to bits so see about getting her the best help available!!

Pictures, pictures, pictures!! :D

Edited to add: The only thing Poochie couldn't do whilst on Rimadyl was drive heavy machinery but it didn't put her out too much!! ;)

Edited by RiverStar-Aura

post-42377-0-49967300-1318995566_thumb.jpg

my girl when i got her at 3? thats what they think anyway...

post-42377-0-13643600-1318995763_thumb.jpg

my beautiful baby now 8 years young :)

the medication is helping her a little bit...:) im not going to write her off im sure there is many more years of her chewing my furniture and shoes to come haha

shes almost blind in one eye.. does anyone know if that is common is these breeds?

Thankyou all for your kind welcome

Edited by huskies4life88

thanks so much i like to think so lol

I cant believe people just dump them in the pound its heartbreaking.

she was surendered because they were having a baby.pfft you have a 3 year old beautiful dog....how could it interfere with your baby that much?? geeeeez

well im glad i have her now and i appreciate her.

Thankyou!!! i am so glad everyone thinks she is a pretty as i do. :love:

she is an amazing girl, such character hehehe

The funny thing about how we met is, i wasnt looking for a dog we were going to the pound to see if my friends dog had been handed in ( he escaped after a thunderstorm) and then i saw her...sitting in the corner she looked scared and alone, and then they told me about how she got dumped there after being a companion for 3 years....

I couldnt leave her there, and now i think it was the best decision i made in my life.