Grrrr People Who Wreck It For Everyone Else........

huskies4life88

gotta vent......

I am totally against this BSL thing ay......

the idiot across the road has 2 pitty crosses.....and he lets them run free around the neighbourhoood.... :(

some people are just so stupid......if they do bite a child or something its just going to inflict more damage on the breed :(

What do you mean by you didn't want to get bitten and be responsible for more doggy lives being lost?

Do you mean bitten by those particular roaming dogs? Not saying at all that you should risk being bitten but as far as I understand it the whole point of deed not breed and anti-BSL is that if particular dogs do inflict harm the dogs and owners should be accountable so if these dogs do seriously injure someone and have an owner who continually lets them out maybe their lives should be lost (i dont say that lightly) BUT just because they're pit crosses doesn't automatically mean they're dangerous.

Totally agree that people who are aware their dogs roam and don't stop them are idiots but I'm not clear what you're trying to say here.

I am anti bsl

and im like this with all dogs, i wont approach a strange dog unless I know its in mortal danger, or has been injured and I have no choice, how i feel responsible is that if it bit me ( any breed) I would feel bad that it went to pound and got pts...whether owner fault or not i would still feel partially to blame for approaching a strange dog...( if u start to understand me a lol bit... lol)

my childhood dog was a pig dog mix ( pitty,mastiff,dane,heinz variety) loved him to bits :)

so im not judging over breed, im just saying that all the bsl stuff being thrown around lately and all the bullshit being made up ( which is where that purple pitbull video is good to slightly educate the idiots) its sad to see that even if these dogs didnt bit someone, just being the breed they are the council will probly put them down anyway, just because of a halfwit asshat of an owner......

Fair enough :) I do understand that you're anti BSL. I am too, because I don't see that there's any evidence that it is effective rather than my personal experience with any particular breed.

Again I totally agree with you that people who are aware their dogs roam and let them are idiots endangering both humans and animals including their own. I guess you're right also about the dogs being put down because of their breed not their actions :(

I think we're so lucky in the ACT that that wouldn't happen and maybe that makes me think differently.

I personally probably would try to talk to the owners, if not contain the dogs (obviously not if they showed aggression - and if they did I would really question what should happen to them) but if you know they are out regularly and/or are not comfortable talking to the owner to check of he is aware then obviously you're already doing the only thing you can by calling the council.

Hehe thanks to you for responding to my questions so well!

I really wonder what the cause/effect relationship is between the ACT anti-BSL and "no particular issue with pit bulls" culture and seemingly much of the rest of Australia's different views.

Of course there are a range of opinions but from what i've seen at dog training and the dog park pit bulls and other bull breeds don't seem to get treated any differently than any other dog. It really seems to be more about behavior than breed.

Guest donatella

gotta vent......

I am totally against this BSL thing ay......

the idiot across the road has 2 pitty crosses.....and he lets them run free around the neighbourhoood.... :(

some people are just so stupid......if they do bite a child or something its just going to inflict more damage on the breed :(

thats not south east brisbane is it? my bosses lab got attacked by 2 roaming pitty crosses about a month ago.

My husband got bitten by a pit-bull this morning, luckily the police won't be doing anything because the dog was loose with along female who was totally off the planet. I and my 23 year old daughter watch the woman attack my husband in a completely hysterical reason, where by her dog raced in and bit my husband. Husband is leaving the house to go to work. Woman claims husband attacked her and dog protected her. Police advise the incident is a neighbourhppd domestic, we have no idea from Adam who the woman is!!!

We won't be complaining to the council, we as a family felt it was the owner not the dog that was a problem.

We won't be complaining to the council, we as a family felt it was the owner not the dog that was a problem.

and when it happens again? the next person may not get off lightly . if the dog will go in for a bite when its owner becomes agitated - that is a danger.

Believe me after dealing with the police this morning, our entire family is in a state of shock. We have finally worked out that according to the owner of the dog "our family was having a domestic and she came to tell us to be quiet!". Only thing was it was the family next door yelling at their children, not us!

And I am sorry but as far as I am concerned I have dogs myself and don't want to get into a tit for tat situation, which is where this would end up. This woman knows where we live we don't know where she lives or who she is. We had to ask the police for a business card as it was, the police made us feel in the wrong as it was!

What really upsets me is when I was assualted and lost a baby the police couldn't even be bothered to turn up to the incident. Someone this time called 000, that is what makes the difference.

I am anti bsl

and im like this with all dogs, i wont approach a strange dog unless I know its in mortal danger, or has been injured and I have no choice, how i feel responsible is that if it bit me ( any breed) I would feel bad that it went to pound and got pts...whether owner fault or not i would still feel partially to blame for approaching a strange dog...( if u start to understand me a lol bit... lol)

my childhood dog was a pig dog mix ( pitty,mastiff,dane,heinz variety) loved him to bits :)

so im not judging over breed, im just saying that all the bsl stuff being thrown around lately and all the bullshit being made up ( which is where that purple pitbull video is good to slightly educate the idiots) its sad to see that even if these dogs didnt bit someone, just being the breed they are the council will probly put them down anyway, just because of a halfwit asshat of an owner......

You don't need to approach the dog. But you should inform council or the owners, and ask that it be contained. How bad will you feel if this dog gets hit by a car or bites a child or somebody else's pet? That would be worse than it being pts in the pound.

If my dog ever gets out I hope people don't think they are doing it a favour by allowing it to roam the streets.

Very confused by this thread. Is there something about the behaviour of these dogs that makes you think they are likely to bite you if you approach them in a calm manner and try to put a leash on them?

Nope, I don't believe people should randomly approach wandering dogs, but what is it about THESE dogs that makes you think they're likely to bite?

Guest donatella

no i live in gatton :)

is your bosses dogs ok? :(

yes thankfully! he went into submissive pose immediately and didn't fight back, i think things would have been a lot worse if he had of gotten into a fight with them :eek: