"backyard Breeders" Posing As Purebred Breeders

lushos

Hi everyone!

I am brand shiny new to this forum, and I have a question for you experienced dog owners/lovers/breeders out there..

If you find out someone is advertising on this sight selling pups - my understanding is they should be purebred dogs, am I right?

So, what do you do or who could I talk to if I found out a "backyard" breeder is selling pups as pure breed?

I am VERY upset and distressed to think that a person could do something like this - as I love dogs & all animals and I feel sick to know what I know and do nothing...

ia there anyone that could give me some advice please?

thank you!! :)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are they selling them here? You can talk to Troy to get their listing removed, if you have proof I guess.

Oh thank you so much for your help!!

I will send an email now... I couldnt go to bed tonight knowing what I know (and yes, they are being sold on this sight - how I came accross the person - as I was going to purchase a pup!!!)

Lucky for me I do ALOT of research before I commit to anything I buy - be it a dog,car,shoes, anything... imagine poor people who just buy dogs and have no idea...

I joined the forum especially to ask this question. thanks for your help :)

To sell puppies on DOL they need to be registered breeders and abiding by the rules and regs regarding registering puppies and issuing their papers etc

But the person selling the pups on here isnt offering papers for the pups... simply "birth certificates"

Yes but to sell the puppies on here they must be registered and go with an ANKC registration certificate - unless they are in WA then you can sell without papers still.

So if they are not selling as you believe they should be email Troy and if it contravenes the sites rules the ad will be removed

Troy is good but sometimes one will slip past and that is where we come in, a quick email and he is onto it :)

Brilliant!!

I have written proof from another breeder also that confirmed my suspiscions on this breeder too, so that should back me up, along with my report of all other info the breeder gave me..

I am VERY blessed now, I have located an extremely reputable breeder and have a pup secured that I know is perfect and proper papers etc...

Seriously, when I contacted the breeder who supplied this alleged "backyard" breeder - the breeder of the original sire & dam told me this person IS a backyarder!! how scary...

I have been so upset about this .... I am writing now - with all info I know - this person HAS to be stopped!! :(

Troy is good but sometimes one will slip past and that is where we come in, a quick email and he is onto it :)

Brilliant!!

I have written proof from another breeder also that confirmed my suspiscions on this breeder too, so that should back me up, along with my report of all other info the breeder gave me..

I am VERY blessed now, I have located an extremely reputable breeder and have a pup secured that I know is perfect and proper papers etc...

Seriously, when I contacted the breeder who supplied this alleged "backyard" breeder - the breeder of the original sire & dam told me this person IS a backyarder!! how scary...

I have been so upset about this .... I am writing now - with all info I know - this person HAS to be stopped!! :(

Piiiictures of le puppy? :D You know it's compulsory here.

Brilliant!!

Piiiictures of le puppy? :D You know it's compulsory here.

But how do you know the pictures are of a persons pup? how can you prove that a dog picture is from google or something?

I always go with my gut instinct - and I was pretty certain after a couple of months research into the breeder..

don't get me wrong - I am now getting a beautiful pup from an extremely reputable breeder where I am 100% happy with the breeder, the dogs and all of her beliefs...

I love the fact this breeder did everything except a police check on me before I bought - not like someone who just wants money and asks no questions...

I am exremelly releived for all your help everyone.... it is a bit hard to know how to get help without coming to the best of the best on here - the beautiful breeders

thank you

what is the breeder doing wrong apart from selling non ANKC pups? Sounds like your whole world is crumbling because of this breeder. There are a lot worse things happening in the world that would warrant sleep deprivation I would think.

Hi everyone!

I am brand shiny new to this forum, and I have a question for you experienced dog owners/lovers/breeders out there..

If you find out someone is advertising on this sight selling pups - my understanding is they should be purebred dogs, am I right?

So, what do you do or who could I talk to if I found out a "backyard" breeder is selling pups as pure breed?

I am VERY upset and distressed to think that a person could do something like this - as I love dogs & all animals and I feel sick to know what I know and do nothing...

I recently came across a dodgy backyard breeder selling Akita pups in Loganlea. He was registered breeder online with DOL yet his pups were being advertised on sites like trading post, gumtree et which I thought was odd. Being new to the puppy buying game I rang up the number provided and this breeder was not only selling these pups at 6 weeks of age, but he could not tell me anything about the bitch or the dog (temperaments, breeding etc) The pups had only been weaned the night before (supposedly) and the bitch wasn't even at the property for me to view. The phone conversation got really awkward when I asked about limited registered papers, proof of vet checks etc and he rang me the next day to let me know the pups were all gone. (not true as my partner made contact shortly after he said he still had a male and female available) There were too many alarm bells for me and I did wonder how he managed to get away with advertising on DOL.

what is the breeder doing wrong apart from selling non ANKC pups? Sounds like your whole world is crumbling because of this breeder. There are a lot worse things happening in the world that would warrant sleep deprivation I would think.

so..... animal wellbeing and happiness and health is not high on your agenda - it is on mine thank you very much.

I think its them lying thats getting this poster angry.

I am not biased either way, but i suppose if people are wanting to buy an ankc puppy ( say they want to show it etc) it would be devestating if people ended up buying a puppy from a liar and having all of there dreams fall apart before their eyes.....

and if they can lie about something being a member of the ankc, imagine what else, like health testing etc.

If people want a BYB puppy fair enough they will buy one knowing its byb,

but if they want an ANKC they should be able to come to DOL and find one and feel safe about it :) :)

just my opinion :) :)

Hi everyone!

I recently came across a dodgy backyard breeder selling Akita pups in Loganlea. He was registered breeder online with DOL yet his pups were being advertised on sites like trading post, gumtree et which I thought was odd. Being new to the puppy buying game I rang up the number provided and this breeder was not only selling these pups at 6 weeks of age, but he could not tell me anything about the bitch or the dog (temperaments, breeding etc) The pups had only been weaned the night before (supposedly) and the bitch wasn't even at the property for me to view. The phone conversation got really awkward when I asked about limited registered papers, proof of vet checks etc and he rang me the next day to let me know the pups were all gone. (not true as my partner made contact shortly after he said he still had a male and female available) There were too many alarm bells for me and I did wonder how he managed to get away with advertising on DOL.

OH WOW!!!

this is pretty much EXACTLY what happened to me!!!

I have been looking to purchase a pup too and you really do need to research everything, right?

I would never ever EVER buy off someone who sounded "off" to me, which this person did - and the more I looked into it - turns out I was right...

I think its them lying thats getting this poster angry.

I am not biased either way, but i suppose if people are wanting to buy an ankc puppy ( say they want to show it etc) it would be devestating if people ended up buying a puppy from a liar and having all of there dreams fall apart before their eyes.....

and if they can lie about something being a member of the ankc, imagine what else, like health testing etc.

If people want a BYB puppy fair enough they will buy one knowing its byb,

but if they want an ANKC they should be able to come to DOL and find one and feel safe about it :) :)

just my opinion :) :)

LOVE!!! yes that is EXACTLY what my post was all about... thank you!! :thumbsup:

I want a pure bred dog - that is what I am paying top $$$ for ... not a backyard pup...

I am buying purebred to ensure the dogs/puppies are the VERY best..

if I wanted a puppyfarmer/backyard - I would simply shop at pets paradise....

I would never want ANY animal to go through those type of conditions - it is absolutely disgusting...

hehehe she meant a picture of your pup you are getting. Can't talk about a cute pup and not put a photo up :)

This, lol. :rofl: We want photos of your puppy! Edited by Dju