"backyard Breeders" Posing As Purebred Breeders

lushos

I dont understand what satisfaction people get coming here and stirring up dog lovers?

I joined because people here are always willing to help, as long as you are upfront and tell the truth.

they are also famous for weeding out the BS...and my god if u going to BS about dogs prepare for recoil :)

I am not going to comment anymore on this thread :) but I am proud to be part of such a great forum. :thumbsup:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yup, famous scent that one, how many times have trolls come here in the past and then when they get caught out because nothing adds up do they chuck hissy fits accusing people of not caring about dogs?? HUNDREDS

Interesting...you're a new member and by your own words was lurking for a year before you joined.

Sounds like you actually an old hand at this forum..

i dont get what you mean :)

I was browsing for about a year? what makes me so bad? i didnt join straight away so im a troll??

what have i said or done on here that says im a troll?

I know i was a bit sceptical of the OP, how does that make me a troll?? I dont like seeing good people get shit on by actual trolls?? :(

the OP didnt even post anywhere else but HERE......and as i said it slowed down and they would make u p something else....then they get caught onto, abuse everyone and run??

how does this put me in the wrong? :confused:

anyway im going to take this like a grain of salt, im not going to get upset because I know i dont have anything to prove or anything to hide :)

Edited by huskies4life88

I think Danois was refering to the OP and not you Huskies4life88 ;At least that's how it reads to me ?The op only saw one bitch so maybe she just assumed that all the pups came from her.Not everyone is familiar with dog reproduction.Perhaps the breeder has other bitches kept elswhere that would account for the litters advertised.

I would like to point out that many members like myself spent some time reading this forum before joining.It took me 3 years to teach myself to use a computer -not my generation-then get the nerves and confidence -due to a chronic illness- to join and start posting.

I think to some extent everyone 'lurks' before joining somewhere. Just like window shopping.. Seeing if you like it, seeing if it fits and just shopping for information generally before going in to something. It gives you a nice feel of what to expect, and what is expected from you as well. (Instead of jumping in head first being completely unaware of what's going on, and perhaps stepping on toes! :p).

I think it's really great all dog lovers can come to one place and chat. It's also great that you, Purdie, overcome a lot and is still here :)

Edited by minimiss

I don't think it is physically possible for a dog to have four litters in 12 months. The vast majority of bitches only come into season once every six months?

Actually there are exceptions. I had a Rotti that came into season every 3 months. But apart from that I can see having a season, being pregnant, having puppies, then coming into season again....is impossible for 4 litters in one whole year.

Lynn

Just confirming I have received your email however I need more information apart from another breeder confirming to you that they are a 'backyard breeder'.

So, what do you do or who could I talk to if I found out a "backyard" breeder is selling pups as pure breed?

What is your definition of a backyard breeder? There are a lot of breeders out there that many would label a 'backyard breeder' that are ANKC registered and abide by the ANKC rules, only breed purebred dogs and register all dogs/pups with the ANKC.

[

Please email me at [email protected] with details of the breeder. If nobody tells us of issues, we have no idea there is a problem.

Even if you do not have any proof of this that you can send, if we know of a potential issue, we can place the breeder in our suspect file so if we get any further complaints about wrongdoings (even without proof), there is a good chance that they are actually doing something wrong and we can remove them.

OK - the conditions the pup were in at 2 weeks old was appauling ... they were lying on tiles with NO BLANKETS , towels or any kind of bedding nearby..

The female dog has had 3 litters already this year - and a fourth is planned for late december... how can THAT be good for an adult dog to have so many pups in one year? The reason I found this out - was dates of pups born on the "breeders" website (which has all been removed now - but I have been watching the website for around 6 months now...

The reason I know thi is becasue the breeder has only 2 dogs on premisis and could not go into much detail of the parentage other than where the 2 dogs that I saw were there the original breeder and who it was - which is how I got to finding out about the unethical breeding going on there..

Do you really think that one breeder who sells 2 dogs to another PERSON (one male, one female) and then having that PERSON who purchased from the ethical breeder break a de sexing contract with the original breeder is OK?

This so called breeder broke the agreement with the original breeder to breed dogs clearly.. the original breeder did not consent to the dogs being used to breed. So howis that "gossip & assumtion" this breeder avoided all my questions re: papers and registration and her qualifications...

I was so gutted when I left that place - I was shaking and crying... it was appauling conditions and the adult dogs were not in good condition.

I had no idea about registered councils or any of that - which is why I came here - for help..

I can only report what I saw... and I was disgusted by what I did see...

as far as papers go - YES it is important to me, when I am paying nearly $2000 for a pup that I have a pup that is of the best health, raised in the correct conditions and well looked after - what I saw was no where near even me - as a simple person who has not much of an idea about breeding and so on could see things were not as they should be there...

I came here for help and ideas and I thank you for giving me advice of the correct authorities to report to - I can now investigate further and report the person correctly - through the right channels

If the problem is that the dogs and puppies are not receiving adequate care then I think that you need to report them to the RSPCA and the if they are not abiding by their code of ethics then they also need to be reported to the organisation they're registered with. If they are found to be guilty of breaking the COE then the club may de-register them. THen if they are de-registered they will not be able to advertise on DOL.

I *think* that's how it works.

I don't think it is physically possible for a dog to have four litters in 12 months. The vast majority of bitches only come into season once every six months?

Actually there are exceptions. I had a Rotti that came into season every 3 months. But apart from that I can see having a season, being pregnant, having puppies, then coming into season again....is impossible for 4 litters in one whole year.

Lynn

thats scary thought......a puppy mills dream dog :(

thank goodness she has a responsible owner :)

I've had a bitch who came in season every three months too - it's actually more common than you'd think. She was bred on successive heats on one occasion when the entire first litter die so was fertile both times, but I would be surprised if every one of her heats would have been fertile, especially if she'd actually been bred back to back continually and perhaps if she had raised the first litter she wouldn't have been fertile on the next heat anyway.