Recommendations Of Camping Equipment 1 Person Setup

heroeswit

Hi I'm hopefully going to be starting showing next year. Any location I will be going to will require me to camp so I was wondering what do you do when you don't have someone else with you to help setup. What sort of tent/ shelter do you use? How big? What Gazebos are easy to setup with only one person?

I only have a small car with no tow ball so a trailer is out off the running :)

Hi I'm hopefully going to be starting showing next year. Any location I will be going to will require me to camp so I was wondering what do you do when you don't have someone else with you to help setup. What sort of tent/ shelter do you use? How big? What Gazebos are easy to setup with only one person?

I only have a small car with no tow ball so a trailer is out off the running :)

oztrail compact gazebo is the go

will fit in a small car

If you have to sleep over - you'll need a tent. I have found the black wolf easy up tents really good for one person. The smaller one of these will fit in the back of a small car. I have an oztrail one that was cheaper, but they don't make it anymore. I wouldn't trust mine in really windy conditions though anyway. (Might be why they don't make it anymore and only make a canvas version). The black wolf ones are used by my work and the outdoor ed guys swear by them.

this is the black wolf one.

A 2.4m compact gazebo is possible to put up on your own and fits in the back of a small car. I use this for weekend shows here in the city.

ETA - meant to add - in spring/summer/autumn, if I am only doing one day - I take an umbrella. You can get umbrella spikes to hold them in the ground. I find this a really easy and quick set up - especially with just one dog.

Edited by jr_inoz

I'd get an oztrail compact gazebo(2.4 x 2.4) with wall kit if you want to sleep in it. The compacts fold down real small and light enough carry. I have a compact but I don't sleep in it. I bought it because my big gazebo is too bloody heavy and doesnt fit in my car too well although when i do takeint oil one I camp in it because its big enough, very sturdy and the wall kit very thick and waterproof. I also bought a 2 person pop up tent to sleep in when I take my compact gazebo. It's very light pops up instantly, no poles and folds down flat in to a disc shape instantly. You'd need a mattress or a camp stretcher, the fold down fairly small. I can't set up either of my gazebos by myself but have seen people mention they can set up the compact on their own. Having said that most people are happy to help you out if you need it :)

Edited by Kaffy Magee

We have an Oztent RV5 with annex/walks etc for camping - takes 30s to put up and I can set it up on my own. For one person I would look at the RV1 or RV2. Not cheap but brilliant. A few agility people are using them ringside. I have an Oztrail compact gazebo (with walls) for ringside - probably wouldn't camp in it though.