Which Class To Enter?

Crazy Daisy

Hi all,

As the topic states I need help understanding the different classes.

Aria will be 9 months soon so that makes her now eligible for Puppy, Junior, Graduate, Aus-bred, Open and I think Novice (she has won her class many times in champ shows and been bitch challenge in an open show, so I don't know if she's still eligible).

Archer is nearly 18 months so he can be entered in Intermediate, Limit, Aus-bred and Open.

I am really confused as what classes they should be entered in to. I have always just entered Archer in whatever age class he is eligible for. I am now about to move him up to Intermediate. Why would you enter them in other classes? What are they for? I don't think I've ever seen a Golden entered in Graduate, Novice or Limit before in Brisbane.

Now I'm thinking about it. Would that make the judge know your dog hasn't been doing well if you enter them in one of those classes I just mentioned above?

Thanks

I usually decide depending on the dog.

My bitch who is three I put into State bred or Austbred. My dog I put in his age class which is intermediate.

If I was a better handler I would put her in open.

If they are fairly mature for their age I would go open, statebred (never entered one in limit etc)

If they were a late bloomer I would enter then in the lowest age class I could eg Intermediate,

Depends on what she looks like. Henry for example is only 7.5 months old, I have pulled him for a while to let him put some weight on, but, I personally think he looks a bit ridiculus in minor anyway as he is so big, I will probably just put him in puppy when I start entering him again. With Aria... I'd probably put her in junior until it clashes with Archer, then I'd be inclined to move one up to Aust Bred, depending on the numbers of goldens you have up there.... Numbers are dropping off here for summer. Today the first dog was a puppy dog and the only one in the class... most classes had only 1 or 2, it's usually a fair bit more than that.

Thanks guys, I think I will keep her down in puppy. It seems to make sense.

Good idea about the separate classes GW. I was wondering what would happen when Aria and Archer caught up in age groups.

I hadn't seen the other classes before and I don't remember them at our speciality this year, maybe they don't always offer them.

Thanks again :D

Hi all,

As the topic states I need help understanding the different classes.

Aria will be 9 months soon so that makes her now eligible for Puppy, Junior, Graduate, Aus-bred, Open and I think Novice (she has won her class many times in champ shows and been bitch challenge in an open show, so I don't know if she's still eligible).

Archer is nearly 18 months so he can be entered in Intermediate, Limit, Aus-bred and Open.

I am really confused as what classes they should be entered in to. I have always just entered Archer in whatever age class he is eligible for. I am now about to move him up to Intermediate. Why would you enter them in other classes? What are they for? I don't think I've ever seen a Golden entered in Graduate, Novice or Limit before in Brisbane.

Now I'm thinking about it. Would that make the judge know your dog hasn't been doing well if you enter them in one of those classes I just mentioned above?

Thanks

Archer cannot be entered in Intermediate until the day he turns 18 months. However he can go in the others.

Oh I know BB, he will be 18 months on the 29th of Nov and I am entering shows for December now. That's what makes it even more confusing.....trying to work out how old they will be in a couple of months time when you are filling out entries late at night :rofl:

You could always use the below and it will up grade to the classes and it saves you from having to do entry forms.

All you need to do is sign the enty form.

I print all my own entries and it saves so much time.

Just fill in the required fields and then fill out the entry form page for that particular dog and hey presto it's all done and printed for you.

http://entry-form-australia.software.informer.com/