Airedale Terrier

adaironeof4girls

I feed my dog two heaping cups of Canidae Grain Free Salmon a day. I think this is more than is recommended, but he is very active and burns it off. He also gets a can of sardines once a week and a can of tuna. This is not necessary, but as it is good for my Shar Pei I figure the Airedale can have some too. He also gets bones every now and again. Some people feed RAW, but it is really dependant on the individual dog and what it does best on - just like any other breed.

There can be multiple trainers as long as the training is consistent.

Cannot say I have ever heard timid used to describe any Airedale. They are a very tough breed. If well trained they can be excellent obedience dogs but need an experienced trainer to keep them in line. I would put them on a par with Dobes for being strong minded, intelligent, active and more than a handful for an inexperienced owner.

No doubt there are softer examples of the breed out there as with any breed but they are not what I woudl recommend as a first dog.

I think it also depends on the person as well.. We are getting an airdale ( he will be born any day :-) This will be our first dog but I am very strong minded and going to go to training also reading so much.. My partner had a very strong staffy and was fabulous at training his dog when younger.. I guess it also helps witha strong breed that the other person is able to support you if needed/ challenged..

I think it also depends on the person as well.. We are getting an airdale ( he will be born any day :-) This will be our first dog but I am very strong minded and going to go to training also reading so much.. My partner had a very strong staffy and was fabulous at training his dog when younger.. I guess it also helps witha strong breed that the other person is able to support you if needed/ challenged..

You lucky thing! where are you getting it from? :laugh:But i was always the leader of the pack!! :D

Edited by Cat Woman

A breeder in QLD beautiful dogs such a lovely nature, Loving eyes that look into you <3 I'm constantly checking my phone LOL ..

I have had a look on Dogzonline at the Qld breeders, and none show pups, only stud dogs?? :confused:

I am very jealous! :)