2 Rottweilers Die On Spirit Of Tasmania

gillbear

Well today Dharma and Trek were a topic in STATE PARLIAMENT and they are calling for an investigation :thumbsup:

Unbelievably the Spirit of Tasmania haven't even been in contact with Chris and Tony since Dharma and Trekkis tragic passing! Not to mention the fact that they today were unable to locate her carTheir incompetence and serious lack of compassion shows no bounds :mad

That is awful! How devastating.

How could it happen, I thought once the cars were on board they wouldn't be running. Would there still have been fumes in the air?

Unless things have change on the Spirit, you may leave your dogs in your custom built dog trailer if you have a signed letter from a vet saying it is suitable for that purpose. Or you can leave dogs in the provided dog trolleys, which are quite good and there are many of them, (do car leavers need the same vet letter?). Dogs were generaly left near the back doors for additional air flow. I have been downstairs at night on the Spirit and it is hot. The cars once parked on board are NOT MOVED, you have your own keys and lock your car. Only you can move the car in the morning to disembark. There have been many reports of dog deaths that I am aware of since dogs have been allowed to be left in cars. Us Tasmanian's who travel often on the Spirit, wonder if the issue is a heat issue rather than a carbon one? A terrible tragedy, one that none of us want to share. My heart goes out to the owner and a hard lesson learnt. Perhpas the Spirit needs to go back to the one rule for everyone, all pets go in the dog trolleys provided. The bonus for us is that if the dog has an upset tummy during the trip, the mess is not in our cars or trailers.

In saying all the above I and many friends have travelled several times on the Spirit both old and new and never had any issue at all. The staff have been helpful and caring and the process on going on and off is very quick.