Xmas Presents

Oscar (AmBull)

:rofl: well if you get a third be prepared to get a fourth. :laugh: I actually found 3 didn't work well here, well it did till I got 4 and realized how much better it was with 4. With 3 if I wanted to take only two, one had to be left home alone and I just couldn't do it, so places I could only take two I only took one if that makes sense. And now if I take two somewhere there is two left at home. I wonder if other 4 dog families notice the same stuff? Or am I just justifying having 4 :rofl: but no seriously it works for us, they are all great mates and well behaved and happy so it's all good. 5 would be an uneven number and then I'd have to get 6. :laugh: I don't even think its legal to walk 5 dogs on your own and 99% of our walks are done without my OH so that would be a downside, I'd have to leave two at home and that would defeat the purpose, I'd spend the whole day rotating with excersise and I still have to work. :laugh: is it obvious I can't sleep and have too much going on in my brain. It's all those girls fault over at the clean run thread, I blame them, I'm on a high from spending so much money on cool doggy stuff!! :rofl:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome, they are beautiful, so many great examples of the breed here on DOL, and there you go Gayle has 4 bet she will tell you the same as me when it comes to numbers. :laugh: I think leopuppys Aussies are just divine, not sure who else breeds here? Sorry I am enabling now. :laugh:

Hehe totally enabling! I'm soon to start in a working with dogs job so will let you know, but in the meantime Riley (Sheltie) is my gorgeous little man, he's just starting to understand training and is so cute about it, and Sax has proven himself my heart dog :)

More to come in future tho :)

And tlc, if you're awake, go to sleep!

Edited by Saxonpup

I have 4 because I find 3 too hard to manage for the same reasons as tlc. I hate leaving one at home and I love taking two with me but can't manage three on my own.

I realsed this early in the year when our old Lhasa Apso died. She had always been company for the Aussie that got to stay home because she didn't like going anywhere. Once she died, I realsed how much I had relied on her as the fourth dog, and so I got Shae.

When Benson died we ended up with the same issue but fortunately we were offered the gorgeous Ripley to help fill the hole.

Just be aware if you order anything with food in it (eg even the everlasting treat balls that are sold here) it could be seized by customers - as jut happened to me :cry: .

Aaaargh! Bummer.... does that mean they seized the whole order, or did you receive whatever didn't have food in it?

they only take out the offending item and leave a letter explaining what happened.

Has anyone tried their dogs with the everlasting treat balls? what are they like and any idea where is the cheapest place to get them in OZ? I have googled and I use don't think I can justify 4 at the prices they are here, Just wish we could get them through clear run they are sooo much cheaper.

They didn't last 2 minutes here. Riley got the treat out straight away and didn't even bother eating it!

They have just recently changed the design though. I was looking at them at a trade expo - you can now get the rod treats to help secure the rounder treat in the ball. I haven't got any in to try yet, as im still a bit hesitant over them. I prefer the good ol kong, canine genious, etc.

Yes the kongs are great, I don't use mine a lot, I used to when they were younger and imwas going off to work etc but now I only use them when I'm home to supervise as they are all together, same with bones the youngest gathers up everyone else's till he has a pile and the rest miss out, cheeky boy he is, as soon as they are not looking swoop, :laugh: He's not happy till he has all. I just thought the treat balls might be something different but otmsure if im willing to spend that kind of money!

Gayle, glad I'm not the only one with a good reasoning for 4 of course not the only reason. People thing I'm nuts when I tell them I have 4 dogs, but people who know the dogs really get it.