Chiropractor Sydney

fbaudry

I was wondering if anyone had a good chiropractor they'd recommend in Sydney?

I thought it wouldn't hurt getting Penny the puppy checked, and Rottifan's suggestion to Dju on another topic made me think maybe Will could do with a session as well (Feet licking / chewing with no obvious sign of allergy etc)

Thank you!

I'm keen to try out these guys one day http://www.naturalvet.com.au/

I also did Chiro for my girl, but it was upsetting her too much, having her pelvis adjusted. I tried Bowen Therapy here http://www.animalequil.com/

She thoroughly enjoyed it! I don't think it is as physically changing as a Chiro adjustment though.

One Chiro I went to actually gave my dog travel sickness after he adjusted her neck, when it was corrected by a different Chiro it disappeared. It was too dramatic to be coincidental.

I believe most people recommend Gary and Neil Barnsley at Austral (though I've never been to see them, we use Gary Christou out of Orange, but he comes to Warick Farm and Hawkesbury Racecourses once a month)

Thank you guys!

Stupid me didn't take into account the fact that chiro could be challenging / upsetting... Not so much of an issue with my pup, but my little foster failure was an abuse case and is really weary of being handled by strangers. Not sure how to go about that one

Some dogs might be fine, and my girl was fine for the first 2 times but then started struggling to the point where I doubt the Chiro was even getting an adjustment. Even going into the room the anxiety would start.

For her pelvis she had to lie on her side while I held her front legs and he would rotate her hind legs past 90 degrees, and with the sharpness Chiros need to get the click. I know when I get my neck adjusted its pretty surreal, so I could sympathize with her :(

I'm just keen to try the one in Russel Lea, being able to offer many complementary therapies and traditional medication as well.

The Bowen is incredibly gentle, mine went to sleep!! :laugh:

Edited by Inevitablue

I was wondering if anyone had a good chiropractor they'd recommend in Sydney?

I thought it wouldn't hurt getting Penny the puppy checked, and Rottifan's suggestion to Dju on another topic made me think maybe Will could do with a session as well (Feet licking / chewing with no obvious sign of allergy etc)

Thank you!

Cannot recommend it highly enough. I had unexplained habits being exhibited by my boy and he got that bad that I was contemplating him being pts when he was 7 but pleased to say he is now over 11 yrs of age and doing me proud. I have learnt that most dogs are out of alignment from a young age but their high pain tolerance doesnt see symptoms becoming apparent until it is really bad for them :(

Some dogs might be fine, and my girl was fine for the first 2 times but then started struggling to the point where I doubt the Chiro was even getting an adjustment. Even going into the room the anxiety would start.

For her pelvis she had to lie on her side while I held her front legs and he would rotate her hind legs past 90 degrees, and with the sharpness Chiros need to get the click. I know when I get my neck adjusted its pretty surreal, so I could sympathize with her :(

I'm just keen to try the one in Russel Lea, being able to offer many complementary therapies and traditional medication as well.

The Bowen is incredibly gentle, mine went to sleep!!

I had to try a number of chiropractors to a) find one that got results and b) find one that could look at my dog and tell me what was wrong without me having to point it out, and also be able to tell me how they would fix the problem and that they HAD fixed these problems before. Some chiropractors I went to would have given my dog more improvement by giving him a cuddle :mad

I finally found a qld chiropractor who is mobile (great for anxious dogs or dogs that are quite bad or big dogs) so he comes to my house and treats my boy and the results are immediate and very evident. I would not let just anyone adjust my dog without them being able to prove how good they are! Jamieson is the person I use in Qld - there are video's I believe on his website to show how a treatment should be done and the results you should get to ensure you go to your appointment armed with the knowledge that DOES work. My dog has never been laid down at any stage during a chiropractic treatment apart from a vet chiropractor :eek: who had done the vet chiro course and needless to say the results were nothing, in fact he seemed a little worse after it...so much for a course meaning anything!

Good luck - I hope you have some good success, it would be sooo much easier if they could talk and tell us what was wrong :thumbsup: