Puppy Chewing On Back Foot

Talien

Arty chews on his back foot but he only does it when he scratches his back ear at first it's like he offended at the foot and not sure where it came from then it's as if it a new play toy.

I've checked it for grass seeds or even small cuts on the pad and in between his toes but there doesn't seem to be a cause. Is it just him discovering his back leg and being playful or something to worry about?

My Cody does that. :laugh: Same for her tail. It becomes a toy until she bites it a little too hard and realises it's part of her! :laugh:

She doesn't do it as much now, (she's 16wks) I think she's accepted the fact that bushy stick hanging off her bum and those paws are actually part of her and not toys after all. :laugh:

I am sure your boy is fine and that he's just discovering too.

If he's doing it all the time and/or seems bothered by it though, I'd get it checked out. :)

Chewing feet and scratching ears is not really "normal" as such but could indicate an underlying problem. It is fungal spore season(wet excema) at the moment which could mean that her feet are becoming irritated. I apply curash powder to my dogs feet if they are showing signs of irritation. Are they red or maybe a bit moist? Also if an ear infection is present this will be uncomfortable for them. Are his ears nice and clean and smell clean. If there is a discharge then ear mites could be the culprit.

If you know of anyone close who can also advice then ask them.

For these ailments MAY not need to go to the vet unless of course maybe his ears are really bad and may need flushing out.