Deciduous Puppy Teeth

ncarter

my bitch is just over a year old now and still has a deciduous baby tooth just behind her canine tooth on one side. I realise now i should have checked them earlier. Its not causing any problems really, like its not pushing the canine tooth outwards, its just creating a crevice for plague to grow along the line in between the two teeth. Just wondering should i get it removed asap?

I wouldn't consider it an emergency situation, more something to have done in the next year or so if she's having something else done, and if she doesn't need another proceedure in that time then get it done on it's own before she's three or four. What do you feed her because even at this age you can try the old stand-bys used for puppies, feed her bones, play tug with her using that side of her mouth, try wriggling the tooth a couple of times every day.

thanks sandra, she has had a fair bit of raw food and things to chew etc. The tooth behind the canine isnt very loose. ive also noticed one extra incisor on the top jaw, basically two growing where one should be, so im going to get them done tomorrow so i can give the incisor next to it a chance to fill the space and straighten up a bit

Edited by ncarter