Collie Nose?

I've noticed over the last week or so that Lili has had a dry patch on her nose, it doesn't seem to be bothering her and I've put some paw paw balm on to try and soften it but it's still there.

I've been googling, very dangerous I know, and have come across Collie Nose, or Discoid Lupus, I did a bit of a search and found a little bit of info, but I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with this?

We have a vet appointment on Saturday but I thought I'd pop a pic up to get some opinions.

Lili is a red merle Aussie and has always had pink patches on her nose. I do put sun screen on when she's outside and it's warm.

Thanks for any advice/opinions. I'm freaking out :(

post-25556-0-91368900-1325131286_thumb.jpg

Edited by Aussie3

Can't quite pick up what her nose really looks like but am hazarding a guess it is not Discoid Lupus/Collie Nose. Is it crusty?.

There have been a number of threads here on DOL re DLE, most of which I have replied to but some may have since been archived.

Panda, now 11, was diagnosed with DLE, via biopsy, in 2003. We tried various treatments, sorry can't remember them all, but one was Prednisone injections which I wasn't in favour of. The others were recommended by a Vet at Texas A& M University in the US, which proved to be very expensive.

Long and short story was eventually, my then vet (in NZ) sourced Aristocort, a human cortosteroid cream. (Much cheaper than vet. medications)

Panda has shown NO signs of DLE since. :)

Hard to tell from the photo, but my BC girl had these on her nose

P1010320.jpg

Vet wrongly diagnosed it & the stuff he gave me didn't do any good....someone on DOL suggested it might be Diggers Nose caused by a fungus from the soil. I went with that & cleared it up with Filtabac