Teething Breathe

Mason_Gibbs

My puppy is 5,5 month old now, about 4 weeks ago when his back teeth started to fall outt he got a terrible fishy smell to his breathe, he still has it although it is less bad. Is this normal?? When will his teething be over???

Edited by Mason_Gibbs

• 2 weeks later...

This topic amused me and is very coincidental, as I was going to ask exactly the same thing. My pupp is teething and we have found two of her little teeth. She has blood and holes and I feel for her. But her breathe is very stinky and fish is definately the smell. I was hoping that this was because of her teething and was not going to be permanent. It seems this thread has answered my question which is good.

My Wife has started brushing her teeth and using a doggy toothpaste. This is both helpful and very amusing. I thought it was a crazy idea and that our little pup, Shanti would not allow it....but to my surprise she quite likes it. I have asked my Wife when is she going to start flossing her teeth also, as the dentist always recomends this?? Still waiting on the response?