Boost Ya Girls Up

Whipitgood

I bought a bottle of Boost Ya Girls up from a DOLer but it doesn't say when to start using it on the bitch. Does anyone know?

I have also used Sea Kelp in bitches before their season starts, can I use this still with the BYGU or would it be a bit of over kill?!

Interested to hear the answer on this one. Plan to breed my girl later in 2012 with imported semen, so want to do everything I can to help make it successful and was thinking about this product as I remember reading about it on here. Can someone please tell me where I can get it from?

Personally I don't feed anything to my dogs or bitches in the way of suppliments when they are breeding.

I just believe in giving a good healthy diet.

As I feed raw with the addition of some dry, I feel the dogs are getting an adequate diet.

The last 3 litters were all fed the same way and it resulted in

Litter 1. 10 pups

Litter 2. 8 pups

Litter 3. 4 pups = different smaller breed.

I bought some from Frozen Puppies a while back and I think they recommended starting about a month before the bitch was due to come into season?

I think it is high in iodine so is just supposed to support thyroid function. We used it the first time we went down the AI track - bitch had 5 big healthy puppies (we had also had her thyroid function tested prior to the breeding and she was fine). The next AI litter - same bitch (different sire) had 9 big healthy puppies with no BYGU. It might be like most/all supplements - potentially useful if there is a deficiency.

Interested to hear the answer on this one. Plan to breed my girl later in 2012 with imported semen, so want to do everything I can to help make it successful and was thinking about this product as I remember reading about it on here. Can someone please tell me where I can get it from?

Frozen Puppies made it Kaffy, but from memory they dont do it anymore? I got this bottle second hand from a breeder/DOLer on here.

Personally I don't feed anything to my dogs or bitches in the way of suppliments when they are breeding.

As I feed raw with the addition of some dry, I feel the dogs are getting an adequate diet.

Litter 1. 10 pups

Litter 2. 8 pups

Thanks Oakway. Yes I agree, feeding the diet you do would be adequate. I have never been one to oversupplement in the past, nor treat with prophylactic ABs either, but Ive had a couple of problems and wondered if supplementing would help. Having said that, I havent had a litter for a long time.

Im a bit wary with any supplements, especially ones that mess around with thyroid function. So I think Ill give the Sea Kelp a miss.

Litter 1. 10 pups

Litter 2. 8 pups

Thanks Oakway. Yes I agree, feeding the diet you do would be adequate. I have never been one to oversupplement in the past, nor treat with prophylactic ABs either, but Ive had a couple of problems and wondered if supplementing would help. Having said that, I havent had a litter for a long time.

Im a bit wary with any supplements, especially ones that mess around with thyroid function. So I think Ill give the Sea Kelp a miss.

If you feel that you MAY have a problem why not get a T5 Thyroid panel done. That way it can eliminate a lot of things and maybe put your mind at rest.