Southern Tablelands Farmstay

Bonniebank

Pity I am in Western Australia or I would be booking a couple of nights as well with my small dog.

Me too!

We've taken our dogs to a farmstay at Margaret River and they just looked so happy having all that space to run and sniff! (and roll in sheep carcasses :rolleyes: ). And it was so relaxing for us to not have to constantly scan for bikes, other dogs, joggers etc. I think it is a great idea :thumbsup:

:swing:

Congrats on the new venture. Your place sounds like a dream and as I'd guessed, you'll be getting lots of e-mails and PM wanting to book. I want to book and I don't even know when my next time off work is due! :laugh:

Thanks so much R-A, you are very kind.

We also think it's a dream after moving from the Southern Suburbs of Sydney about 4 years ago.

Neither OH or I were city born and bred, as OH was born and bred in Ballarat Vic, and has spent 30 years going bush in the Army and I was born and raised on a farm in England and have worked on a farm at Yeoval NSW, lived at Dubbo and Gilgandra and have also spent time in the army. Then Sydney was where our work was so no choice,

We honestly don't want to start a money making business and don't want to have to work all year round so that's why we're just offering accom to pets and their owners for either a stop-off stay or a holiday. We would like to just make a tiny profit so that we can make the cottage more comfortable and pet friendly.

We are more involved with breed rescue (Scottish Collies, German Coolies and Shelties).

Children are also very welcome to stay for a holiday as they can collect eggs from the free-range chooks, meet the Alpacas who guard our sheep, get up close to the hand-raired sheep, feed baby lambs with a bottle and cuddle them (if there are poddy (orphan or rejected) lambs at lambing time), pat and feed the horses and ponies and even have a small (very supervised) ride on a horse (lead rope attached).

If children are wanting a pet such as a dog or a horse, we can teach them how much time and effort goes into looking after it. :walkdog:

But mainly, dogs are free to run, play, and generally act like idiots! In other words, have a great time! :swing:

We had a guest come and stay with about 13 dogs but she was very obliging and sensible and let the dogs free in groups of who got on together.

If anyone has a dog/s who is/are unsociable, as long as they let me know, I'm happy to keep my dogs in until that dog has had plenty of exercise.

The dogs are a most important part of you trip.

Thanks for listening everyone and thanks for your advice!post-3429-0-01841700-1325435612_thumb.jpg

I hv been hanging out for some place like this near to Sydney. I end up going down around Bega which is sooo far that I can only go rarely expect pm from me after costs for one person and 3 hounds!

Meea

I hv been hanging out for some place like this near to Sydney. I end up going down around Bega which is sooo far that I can only go rarely expect pm from me after costs for one person and 3 hounds!

Meea

Have added that advice and some more to my original post. ;)

My Leonbergers and I had a wonderful weekend at Sam and Garys Farm Stay! Its so quiet and relaxing, the dogs had a ball with so much space to run and they loved playing in all the Dams!

Next time we will come for a week. I loved going for walks with the dogs though the Padocks and my camera got a real work out, I totaly fell in love with all your Huge Boulders.. WOW what a Back yard!!

Thanks you both for making me and my dogs feel so welcome.

I can't work out how to get photos on to this page so I've loaded just a few photos of our stay into a photobucket if anyone wants to see my dogs having fun on the farm

http://photobucket.com/FarmStay post-30800-0-02880500-1325928891_thumb.jpg

Edited by LoveMyLeos

• 2 months later...

The Deerhounds have had their week (plus thanks to rain) at Bonniebank and frankly are very glum at being back in the City. The local dog parks have no damns or sheepies and now they are aware of the existance of these super things they are not as impressed with the local fun as before.

We had the most fabulous time rainstorm notwithstanding and anyone needing a break from town should be lineing up. Deerhounds to the front of the queue. Tks Sam and Garry we couldn't have had a better time.

xx

Jeana, Rhys, Calleight and D'Arcy

Edited by Meea

If only I lived in NSW, this sounds like paradise! Many years ago I used to often stay at a farmstay sounding similar to this one, unfortunately it is no longer :( You rates are so fantastic and your place sounds just great! If I ever move to NSW, I'll pay a visit :laugh: