Need Helpful Advice

Hi I have a 7 yr old jrt, he is a social dog and I take him to puppy parks. Trouble is in 2010 he got attacked by a staff and was severely wounded with wounds deep they couldn't stitch. Good news he made a full recovery. Bad news every time he sees a staffy's he becomes aggressive and tries to attack, so I have to either put him on the lead or leave puppy park every time a staff arrives. What can I do to resolve this issue.

Contact an experienced dog trainer and explain the problem. This is something that sounds to me can be overcome with the right advice.

In the meantime stop taking your dog to dog parks where he is likely to meet Staffy's as it only reinforces his behavior or worse, it could lead to trouble for you and your dog.

Edited by itsadogslife

Contact an experienced dog trainer and explain the problem. This is something that sounds to me can be overcome with the right advice.<br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: verdana, tahoma, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(238, 242, 247); "><br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: verdana, tahoma, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(238, 242, 247); ">In the meantime stop taking your dog to dog parks where he is likely to meet Staffy's as it only reinforces his behavior or worse, it could lead to trouble for you and your dog.

I agree with this ....

jane harper is a name mentioned on here a lot for folks in QLD ... perhaps contact her and ask her help?

Thanks when I get money I'll contact the person, in the meantime I don't want to stop his outings as I have a very small yard and he enjoys playing with all other breeds except for staffy's. I found it weird that he can recognize staffy's and only is aggressive towards that breed and fine with all others. It must be really etched on his memory as before he got attacked he was fine with all breeds.

Guest lavendergirl

Perhaps stick to the small dog off leash parks in the meantime until you can access some behavioural training.