Kcc And Bulla Policy Says - No Set Up The Day Before.

Stolzseinrotts

I think there are bigger things to worry about myself -

Just a small list of things I have seen in the last 12 months...

Verbal abuse between exhibitors, in and out of the ring

Exhibitors abusing a judge

Dogs biting another dogs

People running up the exhibitor in fronts ass

People letting there dogs pee on other peoples property

I have been very lucky not to have seen the first two but my take on the following:

Dogs biting another dogs - I've seen this not just in Vic but also in another State when I was showing over there - the owner didn't discpline their dog at all :confused:

People running up the exhibitor in fronts ass - this shits me to tears if it's deliberate, no need for it at all!

People letting there dogs pee on other peoples property - Yep had a fellow competitor let their dog pee on our gazebo bag many years ago - gross. Plus people who let their dogs pee on the ring poles - some poor bastard usually has to collect them at the end of the show and put them away.

In regards to people setting up early it's a little frustrating when I get up at 3am to be at a show by 6am and all of the spots are taken ringside and usually a row back, however, if the clubs were to introduce a fee where (first in best dressed) you paid extra for a spot to be reserved I'd happily pay that!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at Cairns Shows we are allowed to set up the night before but on one previso....WE MUST ASSIST the committee in set up of all equipment and rings and roof awning.... at 5pm, once done they are happy for us to rope off, or put up gazebos...works really well for the most with everyone having cheery smiles etc on their dials....however at a few shows there are those that rope off enough area to have their own sheep station....still considrate enough though to leave gaps for trolleys etc..maybe there is something to be said for us country bumpkin lot..we do for the most try to be fair to each other....on the issue of KCC and BULLA if the rules say NO SET UP there should be NO SET UP..use non-tamperproof stickers to mark the offending property hopefully they do a skerrik of embarrassment left to not do it again....have mental picture though of gazebos looking like ticker tape parades lol...

I know this wont happen but here goes, before the gates open on the morning of a show the person responsible for that job goes around & dismantles the gazebos which are illegaly erected & places them in a storage area, when you turn up & your gazebo is missing :rofl: you go & pay your heafty fine :eek: & you get your gazebo back & with a very red face :mad & empty wallet you go & set up like every one else does :thumbsup: . END OF STORY but of course the toothless tigers wont do this, but please prove me wrong :confused:

p.s the unclaimed items could be auctioned off to raise fund for very needy clubs???

I know this wont happen but here goes, before the gates open on the morning of a show the person responsible for that job goes around & dismantles the gazebos which are illegaly erected & places them in a storage area, when you turn up & your gazebo is missing :rofl: you go & pay your heafty fine :eek: & you get your gazebo back & with a very red face :mad & empty wallet you go & set up like every one else does :thumbsup: . END OF STORY but of course the toothless tigers wont do this, but please prove me wrong :confused:

p.s the unclaimed items could be auctioned off to raise fund for very needy clubs???

Don't the organizers have enough to do without packing gazebos away? Unless they were clearly marked with the owners ID that would cause even more issues if the gazebos were handed back to the wrong owner. That was why I thought a bike lock to prevent them being packed away and removed without the owners having to contact the office, pay the fine and someone go unlock it. Brightly colored tape is easy to do and well wrapped around the gazebo legs (all 4 would be better) would be some what embarrassing to the owners, not only is it an obvious sign that they have broken the rules, it would be a pain in the backside to remove it.

Perhaps the tape could be the first warning to all offenders - names are kept and the repeat offenders would have their gazebos removed (if they can get someone on the day to do it), owners will then pay a fine when they collect their gazebo. BUT notes would have to be made where the gazebo was removed from to try to avoid a mix up.

It's very easy to remove ropes and tarps - just remove them, the spot will be taken up by those first at the show as it should be. IF the owner wants them back they would have to pay a fine, but my guess is they would rather buy new ones.

Why make the exhibitor who gets up early and arrives before everyone else to make sure they get a good spot have to pay more to do so. Bugger that - if anyone has to pay extra it should be those who are ignorant of the rules - not those doing the right thing.

JMO..

Edited by Andisa

People running up the exhibitor in fronts ass - this shits me to tears if it's deliberate, no need for it at all!

I've also seen people in front deliberately stop short of where they're supposed to be so that the person behind runs into the exhibitor in front.

Edited by Sheridan

:thanks: Thank you all for yor replies and responses to the question.

It seems that some think it should be enforced and others, well, some think the rule is not really to be applied. If the rules were to be enforced then that would make it fair for all.

Thank you Brentland about letting us know that a compliant has gone in to Management Committee about the breach of the rule. I hope some how it is to be enforced and people are held accountable for their actions! :thumbsup: