1st Show

clairnaye

Im hoping to enter our new show girl in her first show on feb 18, im just unsure shes old enough she will be 12 weeks on the 14 th but wont technically be 3 months till the 22nd which is 3 days after the show i want to enter. Is she not eligible?

Sorry for the silly question

You'll be fine, let the steward know you are a new exhibitor. Babies are easy, if they win their class they have to go in for baby of breed if there is one of the opposite sex, if not or they beat the opposite sex, they have to go in at the end for baby in group, which is judged directly after best in and runner up in group. If your baby is lucky enough to win that, then they go in for baby in show. It's once they get into minor that it can become confusing with "challenges" etc. Plenty of time before Sydney Royal to learn though.

I have goldies and a longhair weimaraner, however I'm mostly just showing the goldies at the moment. My longhair comes out every few shows though

I just want to point out that most entries close 4 weeks before the show so you would have been too late even if your baby had been old enough.

Lots of clubs will hold entries open longer then the advertised closing date but you then have to be prepared to have your entry returned to you by the clubs that don't.

Enjoy, it's a great hobby. :)

If her birthday is the 14 of November then she is 3 months on the 14th of Feb so she is older enough for the 18th of Feb.

ETA There are 52 weeks in a year not 54 so there is a descrepancy with age in months versus age in weeks.

3 months is 13 weeks

4 months is 17 weeks

6 months is 26 weeks

8 months is 35 weeks.

Month wise goes on date of birth.

Hence 1month 14 of Dec

2 months 14th January

3 months 14 of February.

In the dog world the day of the birhtday you turn next age.

14th Feb Baby puppy

14th May Minor Puppy

14th August Puppy

14th November Junior.

Edited by Bilbo Baggins

Can I suggest, as a recent newbie too... Maybe just taking your to that show if she's 12 weeks to get used to the noises, people and happenings at a show. Then when you do go to take her for her first show, she will have had some exposure to the noises, and other dogs around.

Just a thought!!

Good luck with your new girl. It is very scary in the beginning, but the nerves do subside. I've been showin my girl for 2 years now and it's only been recently that I don't get so nervous.

Good luck!

Sorry for the delayed response lots of sick dogs at work. Her birthday is the 22.11.11. We have entered her in her 1st show on march 3. Thanks for all the info :) she will be going to a few shows to start conditioning for noises and people inbetween now and the 3rd.

Thanks again