Pyrenean In Wa?

Came across this listing for a Pyrenean Mountain Dog in WA: http://www.petrescue....au/view/111308

BFAR page has it listed 28 Jan 12, though the profile date is earlier.

Anyone know anything about this dog - whether it has been rehomed etc?

Their listing has her described as having 'the temperament of a Golden Retriever' :mad:banghead:

Potential owners may be in for a surprise or two and I would hate to see her end up back in rescue as a result!! :(

Edited by espinay2

Yes I knew about the one in Sydney. Us pyr folk are a small community and we get on top of these things fairly quickly. Was simply after any 'inside knowledge' on this case from rescuers in WA that may help us? Yes I am trying to contact the rescue directly as well.

There was someone wanting to rehome an older Pyr a few months back............don't know if it's the same one? From what I remember it was a friend of the owner that rang and I said that we needed to speak to the actual owner .........never heard back !

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure of her status at the moment. Hard to do much as all breeders are on the east coast and the rescue won't rehome out of state where most of the potential homes for Pyrs are. We believe she is the product of a person who used to breed in WA but to the best of knowledge is not doing so any more (not really a bad thing ...... ). All we can really do is direct anyone from WA who contacts someone for an older dog etc in her direction :( . We know about her now though at least, which means we can at least try to do something though it is frustrating not to be able to help more.

Pyrs aren't really much like Samoyeds temperament-wise .... though they are certainly a very independent breed. Info on the breed here: http://www.espinay.c...outthebreed.cfm

Edited by espinay2