A Handbag Fit For A Pharaoh Hound!

Carlo11

Ooooh can I come meet you/him at the royal?!

We have a toller and a kelpie x shepherd at the moment. I'm well and truly at capacity (2 bedroom unit with me, hubby, baby, dogs, cat, bearded dragon and turtle...!) but it never hurts to plan ahead! (ie need time to convince hubby!)

How are they offlead? The only thing I can see as an issue is that once a year we go to the snow with the dogs for 2 weeks. Mine love love love it! But I don't know how a pharaoh would go there. In saying that I thought my wuss bags would be most unimpressed with the cold white ground but the go batcr@p mental the whole time we are there and get annoyed if we put their rugs on

He's just so purty!!!

Ooooh can I come meet you/him at the royal?!

We have a toller and a kelpie x shepherd at the moment. I'm well and truly at capacity (2 bedroom unit with me, hubby, baby, dogs, cat, bearded dragon and turtle...!) but it never hurts to plan ahead! (ie need time to convince hubby!)

How are they offlead? The only thing I can see as an issue is that once a year we go to the snow with the dogs for 2 weeks. Mine love love love it! But I don't know how a pharaoh would go there. In saying that I thought my wuss bags would be most unimpressed with the cold white ground but the go batcr@p mental the whole time we are there and get annoyed if we put their rugs on

He's just so purty!!!

Snow? Ha ha! I have friends in England and Europe who have Pharaohs in minus twenty celsius and with a coat the Pharaohs do well.Some even buy them snow booties.I wont be taking Kenya to the show myself . . . .I am going with another friend from the South Coast who has a Pharie too.We are going to catch up with some Pharaoh breeder friends and go and meet their dogs etc.You are more than welcome to join us.April 5th is the show day for Pharaohs and Ibizans.We get dressed up with big Pharaoh ears and make it fun!

I well understand the issues with space.I have a small duplex and with my Devons,Kenny and random fosters,its a lot of fur . . .oh and the hubby!

In terms of offlead . . . .opinions differ and dogs are all different but many cannot.They are hunters and can become selectively deaf if something catches their eye.Kenny can go off lead but ive kept it to fenced areas for now.In saying that,my friends Pharaoh can go off lead without drama but he was raised as a pup and Kenny was an adult with some baggage when he came to me.Find a GOOD breeder and ask heaps of questions.If memory serves me correct,there are two Pharaohs in rescue at the moment although that is not common.

Kenny is good with cats,other dogs and loves people but a tad afraid of men.Iam most open to you meeting Kenny and referring you to breeders who are ethical and reputable when the time is right but be warned . . one Pharaoh is never enough!

ps - I have so many Kenny shots I could open an art gallery lol . . . .he is my favourite subject!

Haha what an ultra-athletic Pharaoh Hound you have there! :)

Kenya is gorgeous, the bag is brilliant (love that photo) and yep the cat definitely looks miffed

ETA: - ah now there is a pic of him running so he does get off the bed sometimes :)

Edited by Zug Zug

Haha what an ultra-athletic Pharaoh Hound you have there! :)

Kenya is gorgeous, the bag is brilliant (love that photo) and yep the cat definitely looks miffed

ETA: - ah now there is a pic of him running so he does get off the bed sometimes :)

What can I say? He is like a concrete statue and has to be jackhammered off the bed.Nothing wrong with being a bed bug is there?

OMG He is beeeeauuauauauautiful!!!!

I want one.

You can have one but NOT my Kenny Kat!! :rofl:

Damn I was just about to say the only way for me to really get to know the breed is if you send him here for a while ;) :D

Oh Lord no, It would be like losing my right arm.What would I do with all my time? No snuggles,no walking partner,no 'kitty poo out of the litter box' chomping,no farting in the bed and no soulful eyes to gaze into . .

• 2 weeks later...

What a HAPPY photo you chose. Love it.biggrin.gif

The cat looks upsetrofl1.gif

Exactly what I was thinking. What a terrifically happy photo :D

Such a handsome boy.

He is soooo gorgeous!! But...Sorry carlo...that's not enough...need more :D Pharaohs are definately on my 'one day' list. and if you want to educate me more on the breed that's fine too ;) :laugh:

Ill put some more pics up this afternoon . . .beach etc.The Pharaoh is a dog like no other.I look at him every day and marvel at his beauty and I kiss him on his head countless times a day.I am going to the Sydney Royal and ill even be wearing a shirt that says "Want a new dog? Get a Phucking Phartarse Pharaoh Phor Life!!" What breeds do you have now Puddleduck?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

He is such a handsome dog!! Doesn't look spoilt at all ;)