Suggestions Please

Alibi

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does she like peanut butter or cheese?? .... maybe mix a little in with her kibble or if she cant eat hard things cheese and minced bbq chook might do the trick.

Peanut butter would be way to high in fat content for a dog with pancreatitis. Sadly so are most cheeses (most dogs love cheese)

Mixing stuff with her kibble is a good idea though, perhaps use low fat cottage cheese and some grated apple or carrot...

Lol apologies :o i didnt realise there was a special diet involved....my bad, well scrap the peanut butter, have you tried pureed veggies with a low fat cottage cheese?.. or rice and low fat yogurt? can they eat rice :S.... the happy paws appetizer this in great I just bought some to sample... Gus LOVES it.

Unfortunately dogs with pancreatitis have to have a diet as low in fat as possible to reduce the chance of it coming back. I know people who have had it and they say it is very painful...

No need to apologies, I should have explained why in my previous post. :)

Oh sorry i should have been clearer, she doesnt have pancreatits but because of one of the masses being attached to the pancreas there is a risk but im not sure how great.

I bought some shaved turkey breast today and she ate the whole 100gm over the space of the afternoon!! Plus a few mouth fulls of some beef natures gift in gravy. I really didnt think of turkey so thank you whoever suggested it as she loved it.

I might try to cook up a broth tomorrow as well. Please keep the suggestions coming as i am finding them all valuable.

Oh she's so lovely! And you are taking such good care of her. I don't have any food suggestions as I've not been through having an unwell dog yet, but everyone has great suggestions and I suspect the love and cuddles from you mean even more than the yummy food she's getting xx