Naracoorte Show Cancelled

Bisart Dobes

2 shows on the Saturday ... are both canceled?

Yes just spoke to show sec - they will be posting on Dogs SA & Dogs Vic at 10 am tomorrow - so unless there is a drastic drop in temp YES both Sat shows cxl - sunday still go ahead as below 35.

Its not worth going for one show :(

I know shows schedules are saying No refunds of monies. But what about camping fees if they were paid?

I hope the notice is posted all over OZshow & FB so the many travellers here about the cancellation, hate to drive all that way and have to wait

for Sunday's show.

BB

P.S I am not entered.

I don't expect camping fees back. We entered knowing there was a good chance of it being cancelled, although Naracoorte is usually not terribly hot. We entered at our own risk. I feel terribly sorry for the club who has gone to all the effort leading up to it, to have at least two of their shows cancelled. Naracoorte runs lovely shows.

South Aussies are used to the hot weather policy and I think most would be aware it would be cancelled with the forcast how it is, or at least checking Dogs SA.

ETA: And Vics showing in SA should be aware of the policy too.

Edited by Lyndsay

From the Dogs SA site

"As the Elders Weather forecast for Naracoorte on Saturday 25th February 2012 is 38 degrees, the two Championship Shows scheduled for Saturday are regrettably cancelled.

The Championship Show scheduled for Sunday 26th February will proceed if the forecast tempature is 36 degrees or below on the Elders Weather website at 10.00 am, Friday 24th February 2012. "

spelling mistakes are original :p

I was really looking forward to this weekend away and catching up with my South Oz friends.

Stupid weather gods!!! but not a hope I would cope with the heat, my dogs are crazy they would have revelled in it.

Especially after all the lovely weather here in SA lately! I was really looking forward to it too. :(

I was really looking forward to this weekend away and catching up with my South Oz friends.

Stupid weather gods!!! but not a hope I would cope with the heat, my dogs are crazy they would have revelled in it.

Especially after all the lovely weather here in SA lately! I was really looking forward to it too. :(

Really wanted to catch up with you to SnoPaws and Sammy cuddles sounded good.

I'm glad it's cancelled being that hot but am sad we won't get to have our usual fun there, showing, camping and lots of laughs. Oh well, always next year ;)

Oh well, with Ruby having her litter (or lit, I don't think one pup can be classed as a litter), we wouldn't be going anyway now. :laugh: I don't feel so dissapointed anymore! :laugh: Hope all those going Sunday have a lovely day, I'm sure the show will be over before it gets too warm.