Registration Hike

wolfgirl

Can anyone tell me if this is an annual fee, or is it for lifetime registration of a dog?

If it is for lifetime registration I don't think it is excessive, though it will come as a shock at first for the Aucklandites. It is probably on a par with NSW.

If it is an annual fee, then hey, yes, that is really steep .... Souff would be asking for a council-paid dog walker to come with that package ;)

Souff

Anybody have registration costs for European countries on hand? I think, when I lived in Germany (20 years back) I was paying around $300/yr for registration for a speyed female.

I think it fair that dog owners be asked to pay a good share of the dog control/management costs.

Anybody have registration costs for European countries on hand? I think, when I lived in Germany (20 years back) I was paying around $300/yr for registration for a speyed female.

I think it fair that dog owners be asked to pay a good share of the dog control/management costs.

Yeah well if that's the case they should police them and fine those who don't pay - and keep the fees down for those who do the right thing.

Yeah well if that's the case they should police them and fine those who don't pay - and keep the fees down for those who do the right thing.

Like when I called to have a stray picked up and was told they don't come out after 7pm......so that's what I pay for??? Animal management my arse.

Not to mention there is not one dog park in my area.