An At Work Classified Ad"

Pollywaffle

That is a whole lot nicer than it could be...

They could just drop them off at a pound or worse, set them free in the street...

Or the bush. Atleast they're trying to find caring homes.

That is what I thought..

The ad makes the little tikes sound like wonderful little dogs - I hope they find great homes soon..

A lot of judgements going on here.

Perhaps the owners tried to have the dog inside for quite a while before discovering it was the dog causing the allergy problems.

Perhaps they got the second dog to make sure the other dog had company after another dog died to improve their dogs quality of life. (look at the add - yes, their old dog died)

Perhaps after all the things they tried to make sure their dogs were having a good life they came to the hard conclusion that they may be better off with different owners. (particularly if they cant have the dog inside and the dog is storm phobic)

Perhaps they put the prices of the dogs in to show that while these dogs were being offered 'free' they were not considered to be 'throw away' animals and this was the best way they knew to express some value in the ad.

On the face of the ad these folks sound to me like they are ordinary pet owners trying to do the best by their dogs. They are making their needs clear and are trying to find them new homes in the best way they know how. Perhaps they dont hang out on dog sites and know all the proper words to use. Perhaps they havent read too many 'free to good home' ads before to know how they 'should' be written. Perhaps they have never been faced with the issue of rehoming their dogs before!!

IMHO ther eare a lot worse cases that people would be better focussing their attention and vitriol on. And I am betting in those cases you are not going to see any ads coming close to the quality of the one posted here, if an ad is even placed at all.....

Edited by espinay2

I don't think the ad is a bad thing either.

I get the ad as being: they got the JRTx but found the owner was allergic, the dog was then placed outside to help. They had an older dog, which died, so they then got the LA to keep the JRTx company while outside.

It doesn't sound like the owner, after two years, developed an allergy. It looks like the JRTx has been outside most of the time its been with them....however long that is.

I am allergic to Archie, he's still an inside dog, I just try not to touch him too much and I clean up more. I am also allergic to my two inside cats :( but I haven't got rid of any of them ...yet... ;)

Lynn