An At Work Classified Ad"

Pollywaffle

Hello Dolers...I'm just wondering..am I the only person who gets upset when I see these sorts of at work classified ads? I know some of you will argue that at least they are trying..but it all just seems so callous... Tell me I'm overreacting...please!

Ta

Hi Classifieders

We are looking to find a home for our two dogs if anyone is looking for little companions.

Eddie is 7 in March and a white female fox terrier cross Jack Russell. She has a lovely personality, loves belly rubs and walks. She is slightly overweight due to previous owners over-feeding her. She doesnt like storms so gets nervous and wants to be inside if storms are around. She has had to live outside as I have developed an allergy to her hair. Desexed, microchipped, registered, wormed and flea treated.

web link

Max is 9 and a black male Lhaso Apso. He is very cute, he needs to be clippered once a month as his hair grows and trim around his eyes more often as they tend to get dirty with the hair permanently in it. I think he is starting to lose his sight, but this is a common issue with this dog breed. They have only lived together since Christmas, so they can be rehomed separately if required. We got him from a friend to keep Eddie company when our old dog died end of last year. Desexed, microchipped, registered, wormed and flea treated.

weblink

Can be viewed at .... - we are not looking for any money for them as I would rather they went to a good home that can play with them than send them somewhere only a few can afford. Eddie was $500 from the RSPCA 2 years ago, and Max was $700 from a pet shop. We have kids too.... Would suit an older couple who wants to dote on some loveable dogs!

Email enquiries please.

Hello Dolers...I'm just wondering..am I the only person who gets upset when I see these sorts of at work classified ads? I know some of you will argue that at least they are trying..but it all just seems so callous... Tell me I'm overreacting...please!

Ta

You'd prefer the dog be left outside alone, not being interacted with than potentionally find a new loving home?

Yep, you're overreacting :)

edit: Love how they say "We have kids too"

How much are they selling the kids for?

Edited by minimax

IMHO overreacting to this particular ad. They seem to be open and honest about their dogs needs and looking after their welfare. Sometimes the least selfish thing you can do for a dog is find it a new and more suitable home if the situation calls for it. Not everyone who looks for a new home for their dogs is uncaring or 'throwing them away'.

What I find strange about that ad is that they've put in the prices paid for the dogs after saying they aren't asking anything for them- "Eddie was $500 from the RSPCA 2 years ago, Max was $900 from a pet shop". Makes it sound like they're selling a car or something and are showing what good value you're getting...

I am all for people rehoming dogs if they can't/don't want to give them what they need, but that ad doesake me feel a bit uncomfortable.

What I find strange about that ad is that they've put in the prices paid for the dogs after saying they aren't asking anything for them- "Eddie was $500 from the RSPCA 2 years ago, Max was $900 from a pet shop". Makes it sound like they're selling a car or something and are showing what good value you're getting...

I am all for people rehoming dogs if they can't/don't want to give them what they need, but that ad doesake me feel a bit uncomfortable.

Guest lavendergirl

I presume they mean Max was $700 when he was bought as a pup from the petshop. But that seems a lot nine years ago so something wrong there. Poor old Max - losing his sight and having to find a new home. I don't think sight loss is common to the Lhaso breed is it?

seems that whilst the consensus is that I might have overreacted, there was a lot in that ad that didn't tally..mention of money when no money sought etc. I think my gut feeling is WHY? Why get rid of the dogs when they went to such lengths to get them..I guess if I had the reasons for why they're doing it I would have understood better..

Thanks for your comments anyway.

Aussie3 I thought that about the weight too! Sounds like they've had him for 2 years, how is it still overfeeding by the previous owners?

Pollywaffle, I wonder about why too. Usually people will say we're moving etc especially with older dogs. The poor dogs sound like they've been passed around a bit already, I hope they find a nice forever home now.

Ta

Nope, don't find that upsetting. Much prefer that to the mutts for sale puppy ads....

What I don't understand is if they got Max from friends after their other dog died how did they pay $700 for him from a petshop? :shrug:

I think they meant that their friends paid $700 for him from a petshop, back when he was a pup.

Aussie3 I thought that about the weight too! Sounds like they've had him for 2 years, how is it still overfeeding by the previous owners?

Pollywaffle, I wonder about why too. Usually people will say we're moving etc especially with older dogs. The poor dogs sound like they've been passed around a bit already, I hope they find a nice forever home now.

IT's called passing the buck! or it's not my fault - they did it!

IMHO overreacting to this particular ad. They seem to be open and honest about their dogs needs and looking after their welfare. Sometimes the least selfish thing you can do for a dog is find it a new and more suitable home if the situation calls for it. Not everyone who looks for a new home for their dogs is uncaring or 'throwing them away'.

This :)

Interesting how the owner has developed an allergy to the JRT X after 2 years... and that they took on another dog around Christmas...

... and are now looking to rehome both?

Amazing how quickly circumstances can change and require offloading 2 older dogs... maybe the OP could point the advertiser to a local rescue group to take on the dogs?

T.

That is a whole lot nicer than it could be...

They could just drop them off at a pound or worse, set them free in the street...

Sure they pass the buck a bit and try to justify the dog being over weight etc but at least they are trying to rehome themselves...

Good on them for at least giving the rehome a go...

I agree that it is sad that some people don't see their pets as a lifetime commitment like we dog lovers but not everyone does.. Sad world that it is.

Better the dogs be rehomed then stuck in a home where they aren't wanted....