Shows Giving Sole Rights To Vendors - Why?

teddywaddy

Will it sound better coming from the outside, ie. me as a regular visitor to ACT grounds, but a member of Dogs NSW, or from within Dogs ACT membership?

All of the above I think - they know how many entries come from NSW.

But it may be a case of a legal commitment to the current vendors as part of the tender, if it was put out to tender.

They may not be able to change it without compensation if the current vendors are resistant. If that is the case I just hope the current contract doesn't have long to go. It's not something I'd want them spending scarce resources on.

Probably worth a letter asking why it is as it is before a petition?

Sounds a very good idea. Do Dogs ACT have a magazine or publication?

I think that Clubs / Orgs really limit themselves with giving exclusive vendor rights. On one hand I can see they are seeking an ongoing and reliable relationship, but does that genuinely provide a better benefit than potentially having several?

Is it effective management or cronyism?

ACTCA have a journal that comes out (I think) quarterly. Not often anyway.

I don 't know the answers to the management questions. I just want access to real coffee, LOL.

I couldnt belive it today when I heard the John & Ang were not allowed to take their truck to Noorat shows and that the other vendor had requested and got sole rights.

You would have thought that the clubs concerned would have benefited from two vendors paying site fees etc, and not only that, given us exhibitors a choice from who we buy from.

I stocked up today on everything I will need for Noorat & Look forward to seeing John & Ang at Cohuna for my purchases.

I believe in freedom of shopping & there is nothing like competitive business's, not to mention friendly personalities etc.

I think it would be best to take this up with the noorat show secretaries who by the way have friendly personalities and have their hands FULL with making everyones weekend enjoyable also club business re vendors is just that club business , I so look forward to this weekend one of the best in Victoria GREAT 3 DAYS MEALS PROVIDED ROOMS AVAILABLE SO LIGHTEN UP SUNSHINE AND JUST ENJOY WEEKEND AND YOUR DOGS

Lucky the show secretaries are nice as your reply is really NOT friendly or nice at all!

Are you the other vendor that has a monopoly at the show?

I dont think my reply was not friendly but I do think we get to enjoy our shows and stay out of the politics of running a show, we all have the option of supporting our favourite caterers, sometimes certain factors make it impossible to have every type of vendors at 1 show, be it, cost available space etc, also not always can a vendor travel as they have other commitments shows etc, or is it cost effective for them.RE quote No I am not the vendor nor do I believe they have a monopoly at this show. I dont have a prefrence to either vendors as we alll make decision to whom we give our money., if not noorat weekend then following shows

I couldnt belive it today when I heard the John & Ang were not allowed to take their truck to Noorat shows and that the other vendor had requested and got sole rights.

You would have thought that the clubs concerned would have benefited from multi vendors paying site fees etc, and not only that, given us exhibitors a choice from who we buy from.

Unfortunately there is a greedy vendor on the scene and if they have sole rights then they can charge what they like. It is the likes of John and Ang that help keep them honest.

the girls that ran the Cafe 2 U red van at the Canberra shows, last I heard from them (October 2011) had decided to sell the van and move to Merimbula. Technically the couple that do the food at the dog shows in Canberra only had food rights but because they knew someone with a coffee van they got him to come along and pulled the we have the food contract and this should be part of it card. There is more to it but I cannot and will not put it in writing.

the girls that ran the Cafe 2 U red van at the Canberra shows, last I heard from them (October 2011) had decided to sell the van and move to Merimbula. Technically the couple that do the food at the dog shows in Canberra only had food rights but because they knew someone with a coffee van they got him to come along and pulled the we have the food contract and this should be part of it card. There is more to it but I cannot and will not put it in writing.

That should read an "alleged" coffee van that produces brown liquid of some description...

I know one half of the pair with the red van took off, but the remaining owner was still in operation later than this I think.

Regardless of who is running the current vans though, the story above only goes to show that the exclusive rights are basd on cronyism and mates deals instead of fair trading and opportunity.