Titre Testing Coverage

Krystal&coco

Here is a link to a page with some info :)

http://www.canine-epilepsy-guardian-angels.com/titer_test.htm

I have just titred both my dogs as I do not agree with vaccinating if not required. And also Cooper (my puppy) had a vaccine reaction to his second puppy shot so I did not want to risk giving him the last one.

And here is a link to Dr Dodds and the protocol she recommends.

http://www.itsfortheanimals.com/DODDS-CHG-VACC-PROTOCOLS.HTM

From memory it was about $90 per dog for me last time, but when it is only for 12months I am thinking it will be cheaper to send to the US every 3 years.

Unless Vetpath are now putting 3 years on their paperwork. Does anyone know if they are?

I paid $70 forr my title testing

Thats about what I currently pay.

I paid around the same, a little less I think at $64.

Idexx or gribbles quoted over $200, luckily our vet found out about vetpath in WA which is much cheaper :thumbsup:

Edited by aussielover

Ultimate vet clinic does Parvo and Distemper for about $150-$180

Was meant to ring back to speak to a vet about the length they are willing to cover it for but forgot :(

But I already spoke with them and was informed $188.10 for all 3 core diseases : 2 of which get forwarded to WA Lab and the other to a Lab in the UK. Refer Post #7. :confused:

Edited by Erny

Ultimate vet clinic does Parvo and Distemper for about $150-$180

Was meant to ring back to speak to a vet about the length they are willing to cover it for but forgot :(

But I already spoke with them and was informed $188.10 for all 3 core diseases : 2 of which get forwarded to WA Lab and the other to a Lab in the UK. Refer Post #7. :confused:

Maybe that's where they got the range from, $150 for the two and then an extra $40 (roughly) for distemper?

Dunno, I only spoke to the nurse and she went and asked the vet who was in consult so maybe it was a rough estimate. I will be ringing back next week to find out definate.

I have sent blood to Jean Dodds twice in the past year (for thyroid testing). We bought a container from Vetpath and posted it through a normal post office with declarations signed which you get off the Hemopet wesbite . It was about $70 for sending blood for 6 dogs. We did have to get the blood spun first, prior to posting, which Vetpath charged $11 per vial to do. It took 10 days from the day we posted to get our results.

• 2 weeks later...

It shouldnt cost you more than $70-$80 to get parvo and distemper - they dont bother with hepatitis testing.

Google search for a homeopathic vet in your area as these guys do titre testing, as opposed to normal vets who prefer to vaccinate. There is a vet in Thornbury, Melbourne who does it for $110 (bit expensive) and one in Geelong who charges $80.

I have sent blood to Jean Dodds twice in the past year (for thyroid testing). We bought a container from Vetpath and posted it through a normal post office with declarations signed which you get off the Hemopet wesbite . It was about $70 for sending blood for 6 dogs. We did have to get the blood spun first, prior to posting, which Vetpath charged $11 per vial to do. It took 10 days from the day we posted to get our results.

Dr Jean Dodds signs off for 3 years from a titre test, for those interested. :thumbsup:

Cost of titre (parvo and distemper) is $45.00 US. FedEx courier $84.00 (there's been a price rise).

Add in the cost of your own Vet's fee for the consult/drawing of blood and spin down.

This is on the basis of one dog. If you could group a few and share the courier cost, the expense could become considerably cheaper. Take into consideration parcel weight though before you organise a group of 50 or more, as the FedEx expense rises with weight.

Edited by Erny

Finally found myself a vet in Canberra who will titre test for a reasonable price. The cheapest I had been quoted was $200 each dog and it was going to work out cheaper to take a trip to Sydney and get it done there.

The holistic vet in Kambah got back to me today though and it will be $180 total cost for all 3 dogs. For that price I don't mind only having 12months stated as that is cheap enough to do each year. That is without a consultation fee/annual check though as ours are seen by the regular vet for a chiro and check over every 6-8 weeks so it isn't required.