Car Seat Cover

jillybean

I recently purchased a new car, but have now realised the rear seat has headrests which are built into the back seat - ie. they don't sit above the level of the seat so I can't clip my old cover over it. I used to have a basic hammock style one which clipped around the front and rear headrests, but there's no way of attaching it.

I've had a quick look online but can't seem to find anything made for cars without headrests. I can use a regular car seat cover, but then it doesn't protect the back of the front seats.

Suggestions anyone?

I had the same issue but it was an old car that lacked head rests completely... in the end I just covered all the seats as you just don't have anything to secure the protector too and it was tricky to even find covers that didn't include the head rest section.

I recently purchased a new car, but have now realised the rear seat has headrests which are built into the back seat - ie. they don't sit above the level of the seat so I can't clip my old cover over it. I used to have a basic hammock style one which clipped around the front and rear headrests, but there's no way of attaching it.

I've had a quick look online but can't seem to find anything made for cars without headrests. I can use a regular car seat cover, but then it doesn't protect the back of the front seats.

Suggestions anyone?

Can you sew button holes into the cover you have and sew buttons on to the car seat? I have sewn buttons on to the back of the seat near the rear shelf and this works. I used about 5 buttons and we have a Magna sedan. Or sew the buttons on and put the exisitng loops over them.

I bought a pets on board one from super cheap that has pockets to go over the corners of the seat (pull the back part of the seat forward and slide over) then clips around the headrests on the front seat. Perhaps that could help you? From memory it was about $30.

If your seats can be pulled forward (ie with access to the boot/hatch space), flip the top of the cover (and the old head rest straps) over that, and close it back up. That should hold your cover in place.

I had this problem in my magna.

If you have a sedan we put anchor points on each side of back and then put a cable tie on each anchor point. We then just place the clip through the cable tie rather then around a head rest....Hope this makes sense. We just have a cheap hammock cover from the reject shop.