Toy Recommendations

Tara8430

So i am wanting to know what are some of the best dog toys out there, im sure we have all tried alot of toys (including boredom relief toys such as kongs) for our dogs.

I want to know:

What is the toy?

Estimated Price?

Where did you buy it?

How tough was it and how long did it last?

How much time does your dog spend playing with it?

Ill start....

What is the toy? Multipet Globlets Latex Pig

Estimated price? $9.00

Where did you buy it? Woolworths (but you can buy it online but its more expensive)

How tough was it and how long did it last? Well it has come up against a black labrador pup who has given it a complete work out, i would suggest being a little bit more gentle if you want it to make it's piggy noise for a bit longer, the toy itself is still in fine condition but the piggy noise can break. We are onto our 2nd one of this toy. Abbey still plays with the original but it now makes no noise.

How much time does your dog spend playing with it? She loves it, always grabs it and plays with it.

**Edited to include link**

Edited by Tara8430

What is the toy? Kongs Air Squeaker

Estimated Price? $4.00 - $10.00

Where did you buy it? Place I work, but it's available online too.

How tough was it and how long did it last? My dog loves these types of balls. Normal tennis balls don't even last a day as he bites down on them too much they eventually pop and if they don't pop he rips them apart :laugh:. They have lasted for close to a year from memory, there still going strong, still squeak only downside is when he plays with them for more then 5minutes he soaks them with saliva and they get covered in dirt or baby powder depedning where he wants to play :thumbsup:.

How much time does your dog spend playing with it. Just about every waking hour of the day. As soon as someone gets home he says hi, then bolts off to find the ball, if you won't throw it for him he's happy enough to just lay there squeaking it in his mouth :eek:.

ETA; link.

Edited by Ben and Jerry

What is the toy? Cuddles Plush Duck -- yellow version but also available in drake colour of grey/green.

Estimated Price: Small $15-$20 Large $20-$25

Purchased From: Pet Barn, Pet Stock, Big W and a local produce store which was the cheapest.

How tough/How long-lasting? Sadly this is just another stuffing filled toy, which Zeus loves to destroy. If he's left alone with it, it won't see longer than 5 minutes.

On the plus side, these ducks have a fantastic squeaky noise. They don't squeak like a normal toy but instead quack like a real duck. I once had Zeus playing with one in the backyard and a group of kids walked past our property. I heard one boy exclaim "OMG they have a goose!!"

As they're so expensive I don't let Zeus play with his duck unsupervised and they get put away after each play session. This means they can last up to a year (unless my brothers get it out for Zeus to play with as they let him rip it open :eek:).

How much time is spent playing with it? Until I or the family get sick of playing "where's the duck?", otherwise he'd never stop playing with it even once he's completely gutted it.

This duck is primarily used for Zeus's favourite game "where's the duck?" in which we hide it various locations around the backyard and he then uses his beagle nose to search it out. He gets so excited, happy and smiley when playing this game it makes me happy watching him.

When I run out of hidey-holes we switch to fetch, which never lasts long as I get bored throwing the toy!

Edited for premature posting of reply :laugh:

Edited by RiverStar-Aura

Estimated price? $9.00

Where did you buy it? Woolworths (but you can buy it online but its more expensive)

How tough was it and how long did it last? Well it has come up against a black labrador pup who has given it a complete work out, i would suggest being a little bit more gentle if you want it to make it's piggy noise for a bit longer, the toy itself is still in fine condition but the piggy noise can break. We are onto our 2nd one of this toy. Abbey still plays with the original but it now makes no noise.

How much time does your dog spend playing with it? She loves it, always grabs it and plays with it.

Just wanted to add in - Hudson LOVED this pig.. although it probably only lasted 5-10 minutes before it was in peices, it also has stuffing inside which he couldn't seem to resist once he had chewed it's nose off.

Guest Clover

What is the toy? Cuz ball.

Estimated Price? Around $10 - $15.

Where did you buy it? Work. But pretty much every pet supply store should have them.

How tough was it and how long did it last? The original lasted years. The current ones we have had about a year and they are going strong (minus the feet :laugh: ).

How much time does your dog spend playing with it? Quite a bit probably much to the neighbours horror.

Estimated price? $9.00

Just wanted to add in - Hudson LOVED this pig.. although it probably only lasted 5-10 minutes before it was in peices, it also has stuffing inside which he couldn't seem to resist once he had chewed it's nose off.

Oh dear, really? Abbey just seems to bash it about so much that something must disconnect inside it and stop it making that lovely piggy noise. They are very much intact otherwise.

Estimated price? $9.00

Also chiming in, Onyx also adores his piggy. It is one of the only toys that he will consistantly go back to, :)

What is the toy? Empty Nesters (http://www.cleanrun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=1936&ParentCat=504)

Estimated Price? $5 (from Clean Run - I stocked up on free shipping and got three) up to about $15

Where did you buy it? Clean Run, available on most online pet stores

How tough was it and how long did it last? Still going, minus a few chewed bits, but otherwise pretty good condition. The first one I bought it still going

How much time does your dog spend playing with it? My two love it, Monte cuddles up with it and Ivy swings it at him so they can play tug with it. They're pretty hard on them, but its really held up! And no stuffing which is even better. They have managed to rip out one of the squeakers, but otherwise not too much damage. It gets dragged out every few days for playtime :)