Border Collie Breeders Recommendations?

bossyboo

When the time comes, you'll be fine pm cause I really don't think you have gone into breeding BC's on a whim by the way you have spoken.

I have people say to me very often, " when can I move in" or " when I pass on im coming back as your one of your dogs", "this is doggie paradise" e.t.c. Why wouldn't you spoil your dogs every chance you get, it's a pitance to what they give you in return :)

Edited by BC Crazy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I consider myself very fortunate as I scored big time finding a fabulous breeder and mentor who I have gotten a MR bitch from. I didn't just pull them from thin air though. I had been to a few shows, gone through websites, watched dogs and puppies of the breeders at shows, watched how they interacted with others .....gosh I sound like a stalker, then after talking to the breeder I started to go along to shows and meet them there and offered my services with helping out......hoping to have my first litter this year.

I still hang with them at shows and outside of the doggy world, have found myself a beautiful friend in the process.

Lucky you!! Who is this breeder of whom you speaklaugh.gifbiggrin.gif

I consider myself very fortunate as I scored big time finding a fabulous breeder and mentor who I have gotten a MR bitch from. I didn't just pull them from thin air though. I had been to a few shows, gone through websites, watched dogs and puppies of the breeders at shows, watched how they interacted with others .....gosh I sound like a stalker, then after talking to the breeder I started to go along to shows and meet them there and offered my services with helping out......hoping to have my first litter this year.

I still hang with them at shows and outside of the doggy world, have found myself a beautiful friend in the process.

:thumbsup: :laugh:

You are a very fortunate girl poomother if your mentor is who I think it is. That smiley face gives it away I think :)

I would love to be in your shoes but I'd never make a dog breeder. I'd love some guidence with dog handling from some with such experience as your mentor. They are a wealth of knowledge from all their experience with the breed. I'm jealous LOL

Edited by BC Crazy

You are a very fortunate girl poomother if your mentor is who I think it is. That smiley face gives it away I think :)

I would love to be in your shoes but I'd never make a dog breeder. I'd love some guidence with dog handling from some with such experience as your mentor. They are a wealth of knowledge from all their experience with the breed. I'm jealous LOL

Anytime. You're local, Happy to give some guidance with handling etc thumbsup1.gif

If you're on Facebook, look me up

Oh that is very kind of you Benshiva. It is hard when you just want to 'get it right' but are inexperienced & unsure at times. Plus I have never been very confident.

You are so busy though & I am not on facebook.

Many thanks for your kind offer, if you can fit me in somewhere I would be thrilled, if not thats ok too, totally understand. Certainly didn't expect it as I didn't even know you were mentoring Poomother, I was guessing & I still think she is heaps lucky LOL :)

Edited by BC Crazy

Oh no one you would know I shouldn't think :D

That she is :thumbsup:

Oh that is very kind of you Benshiva. It is hard when you just want to 'get it right' but are inexperienced & unsure at times. Plus I have never been very confident.

Many thanks for your kind offer, if you can fit me in somewhere I would be thrilled, if not thats ok too, totally understand. Certainly didn't expect it as I didn't even know you were mentoring Poomother, I was guessing & I still think she is heaps lucky LOL :)

If you're anywhere near Hillsborough this weekend, pop on in and say hi. Happy to chat with you. I'll be sitting with other BC people (PooMother is she comes) and some crazy Bearded Collies too!

Oh no one you would know I shouldn't think :D

Cheeky laugh.gif

Whilst I agree with everyone's sentiments I don't think bashing someone over the head about it is the way to go, particularly as they haven't come back to further explain themselves. From experience it makes people defensive and less likely to listen.

eta: When I was sixteen, I went onto a BC specific forum and asked about the process of breeding out of curiosity. I had always loved borders but wasn't really aware of the show ring or anything. I had always dreamt of becoming a breeder. What ensued was about 16 pages of accusations, name calling and just general nastiness. I was accused of being a BYB, even though I had no dogs at the time. :laugh: It took me two years to work up the courage to go on another forum - that was DOL.

I was ignorant back then but I'm not now. I have mentors in the breed and plan on showing as soon as I'm in a position to own a dog. Everyone has to start somewhere, and I think we, the 'initiated', take for granted the basic knowledge we have about how bad BYBing is and so on and so forth.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

If you're anywhere near Hillsborough this weekend, pop on in and say hi. Happy to chat with you. I'll be sitting with other BC people (PooMother is she comes) and some crazy Bearded Collies too!

I'll be there :-)

I'll be there :-)

YIPPEEEEEEEE. No need to bring a cabana, miine is already up! Just rock on up

How could I refuse such a kind offer. I am going to drop by for a short visit & am so looking forward to it. Even if I can watch in the back ground for a bit ( & have a drool at the beautiful bc's) I will go home one very happy girl. Sounds like you all have a tonne of fun too. Good luck guys :)

Edited by BC Crazy