Low Cost Desexing And Working Ferrets In Canberra

Is she allowed to do surgery?

Meaning what?

I know there was an attempt to limit what she could do, said to be based on her facilities. I don't know how it all turned out.

Jan Spate has had her surgical license suspended by the vet board. Can still consult but not allowed to perform and surgical procedures.

Vet in Braddon for low cost desexing. Surgery looks rough round the edges, but they do great work.

Ummm... Limestone Ave...

Google is my friend!! Peter Burgess' clinic:

http://www.cityvets.com.au/Canberra_vets/Burgess_Peter_Veterinarian/Vet/881

Was recommended to me a while back by a vet and very good surgeon friend. I have had a few rescues done there, and one community dog I helped out with after a mismating - awesome service, prices and care.

Jan desexed my friends male dog 2 weeks ago so I dont know when her license was suspended.

Vet in Braddon for low cost desexing. Surgery looks rough round the edges, but they do great work.

Ummm... Limestone Ave...

http://www.cityvets....inarian/Vet/881

Was recommended to me a while back by a vet and very good surgeon friend. I have had a few rescues done there, and one community dog I helped out with after a mismating - awesome service, prices and care.

I dont know if Peter is there much now. I was there yesterday and had a very lovely lady vet. I have also seen Peter and Ernie and would recommend them. I know my kids prefer Peter - he always has a drawer of lollies and fredos for them :D As stated if you are expecting a fancy surgery - well it aint but you will get good care and no bullpoo. Its accross the road from Olims Hotel

Yep, I'm pretty sure Jan's surgical license was suspended. I've heard really good recommendations about Peter Burgess; apparently he's a real old fashioned, no nonsense, no frills vet.

I've heard otherwise.

X2

Jan desexed my friends male dog 2 weeks ago so I dont know when her license was suspended.

Ummm... Limestone Ave...

http://www.cityvets....inarian/Vet/881

I dont know if Peter is there much now. I was there yesterday and had a very lovely lady vet. I have also seen Peter and Ernie and would recommend them. I know my kids prefer Peter - he always has a drawer of lollies and fredos for them :D As stated if you are expecting a fancy surgery - well it aint but you will get good care and no bullpoo. Its accross the road from Olims Hotel

This is Gwen, she is lovely, great manner with animals & owners alike. Hopefully she is taking some of the load off Peter - he is very overworked..... which reminds me, the more advance notice you can give for your surgery the better, helps everyone to plan as this is a very busy practice.

You may also like to ring John Montgomery at Sonza for a price? This practice is about 10 minutes from Queanbeyan on the Kings Hwy. John is also very reasonable & has been very accommodating for rescue over the years. He is an experienced dog vet being the official vet for the Canberra Greyhound Club. He sees a lot of greys, working dogs & pig dogs in his practice & some breeders make the trip out from town to see him. John actually started out at Peter Burgess' years ago before going out on his own, but he differs in that for initial consults he does schedule appointments.

Another vet on the Canberra scene is Fiona Cox. Fiona is a mobile vet & does her surgeries at West Queanbeyan. Fiona's business is called 'Furry Tails' & she would be in the yellow pages for sure if you want to ring for a quote. I cannot personally say if she is cheaper, though she has been highly recommended to me from some of our clients whose dogs have a morbid fear of vets!!