Does Anyone Know Of A Bird Rescue In Victoria?

Or would anyone be interested in taking on two cockatiels?

They belong to my FIL who is very sick and he would like to give them away as he is finding it very difficult to look after them now.

There are also two budgies. I believe they are a male and female but i have asked one of my sisters if she would like them to go with hers so i am just waiting to hear back if she has room. My husband is bringing the birds home this afternoon to Bendigo and we won't be able to keep them very long so it is fairly urgent.

If anyone knows someone in bird rescue or knows of a good home for them please send me a message.

Im not sure about any bird rescues but our rescue will take birds, rabbits, ferrets, etc.

I have a very dedicated bird carer with lots of avaiaries and experience.

If needed just PM me and we can try to work something out.

Thanks Efowler. My sister is going to take the budgies and said she will try and find a cheapish aviary to take the cockatiels as well.

If the cockatiels don't work out i can hopefully bring them up to at least Narrandera if not Wagga in the holidays as i have family up your way. Our school holidays start on the 30th of March.

Thanks Efowler. My sister is going to take the budgies and said she will try and find a cheapish aviary to take the cockatiels as well.

If the cockatiels don't work out i can hopefully bring them up to at least Narrandera if not Wagga in the holidays as i have family up your way. Our school holidays start on the 30th of March.

Sounds like a plan. We can meet in Narrandera if need be too.

:)

you will be hard pressed to find large professional rescues for birds due to disease risks - a friend has rescued before and due to the lack of veterinary knowledge and strict quarantine required he just won't take them any more.

I happened to overhear a conversation yesterday that 'might' help...

Pet & Aquarium Warehouse in Essendon have a card for people who do bird sitting. They mentioned that they often have birds dumped on them and they possibly take surrenders at times... I don't know the name or number of the people, but if you give the Essendon store a call I'm sure that they could give the name and no on the card... PAW's no is 9374 1444