Yarra Glen Double Shows

brentland

The Committee of the Yarra Glen KC are endeavouring to make their double shows in March more exhibitor friendly, and feel that the best way to accomplish this is to minimise the time that exhibitors are required to stay at the shows.

The best way to shorten the day for everyone is to consider different options for the judging of General Specials at both shows.

We seek feedback from exhibitors, with their preferred option on how to conduct the judging of General Specials

Judging General Specials consecutively for the two shows should take approx. 2 hours 20 minutes - and this is the option we have used up to and including this year...

The Committee would like to complete all judging at both shows by 5.30 pm.

The options we are considering are:

1. We judge Best Baby Puppy in Show (one place), Best Puppy (two places) in Show and First, Second, Third & Fourth Best in Show (four places), with the same awards at Group Level.

This would mean that there would be no Best Minor Puppy in Show, Best Junior in Show, Best Intermediate in Show, Best Australian Bred in Show or Best Open Show.

This option should take approx 31 minutes for each Show. Just over an hour for the two [2] Shows

2. For the first Show we judge all classes straight through and at the conclusion of Runner Up in Show at the first show we commence judging Best in Show at the second and continue judging both rings. The first show takes preference over the second show. eg: If an exhibit or exhibitor is required in both rings for General Specials judging in the second ring will stop until the exhibit or exhibitor is free.

This option should take approx 90 Minutes to judge both Shows

3. At both shows a second judge who is licensed for five [5] or six [6] Groups to Judge Best Baby Puppy in Show and Best Minor Puppy in Show at the same time as the remaining in Show classes are being judged.

This option should take approx. 1 hour 4 minutes

4. All General Specials are pre-judged prior at the conclusion on each Group Specials in the Group Ring. This would require the two [2] General Specials judges not to judge any Group Specials.

This option should limit the time General Specials takes to judge 30 minutes for each show, 1 hour in total

Edited by brentland

I am a big fan of this show, and at KCC it's the only show on top of my head where we do two in one day! Would love to see more personally!

I am quite happy with the current format, but in saying that though I don't mind waiting around anyway as thats what shows are for, to relax and enjoy your day. It shouldn't be a rush that it's over within a few hours, especially on a beautiful day!

However, if I had to pick of the 4 options, I would pick #4.

not sure which i prefer... but i know that i hate having a junior and winning junior in grp and not getting a shot at in show... thats just me... but as far as pointsore goes it means we dont have a chance at more points... so option one is out for me but im undecided between the others as yet...

I like 4 then 3 ideas.

But why try to rush the shows? If people don't want to be at a show till 5pm then they can choose not to enter or not to stick around if they win a class in group. I realise this would be a very long day on the committee.

I also like the idea of two fresh judges judging the group or general specials but prefer them to be an All breeds not just for 5 groups.

I am for ALL classes to compete for their class in show. Don't like suggestion 1.

Would these shows run the class 18?

BB