Dog Friendly Holiday Houses

Dame Aussie

Hi Guys!

We want to go on a short break and bring the dogs with us, thinking of up in the Dandenongs....

I'm doing all the googling one can muster and have found a few possibilites but thought I'd check here (DOL knows all) to see if anyone had any recommendations for dog friendly properties in that area?

Especially if anyone has stayed in one they really liked or knows of one with a good rep!

Thanks heaps! :)

Just received this email this morning - I can't help with your request but I hope it makes you smile :)

"Dogs Welcome"

A man wrote a letter to a small hotel in a

Midwest town he planned to visit on his

Vacation. He wrote: I would very much like

To bring my dog with me. He is well-groomed

And very well behaved. Would you be willing

To permit me to keep him in my room with

Me at night?"

An immediate reply came from the hotel

Owner, who wrote: SIR: "I've been operating

This hotel for many years. In all that time, I've

Never had a dog steal towels, bedclothes,

Silverware or pictures off the walls. I've never

Had to evict a dog in the middle of the night

For being drunk and disorderly. And I've never

Had a dog run out on a hotel bill. Yes, indeed,

Your dog is welcome at my hotel. And, if your

Dog will vouch for you, you're welcome to stay

Here, too."

Just received this email this morning - I can't help with your request but I hope it makes you smile :)

"Dogs Welcome"

A man wrote a letter to a small hotel in a

Midwest town he planned to visit on his

Vacation. He wrote: I would very much like

To bring my dog with me. He is well-groomed

And very well behaved. Would you be willing

To permit me to keep him in my room with

Me at night?"

An immediate reply came from the hotel

Owner, who wrote: SIR: "I've been operating

This hotel for many years. In all that time, I've

Never had a dog steal towels, bedclothes,

Silverware or pictures off the walls. I've never

Had to evict a dog in the middle of the night

For being drunk and disorderly. And I've never

Had a dog run out on a hotel bill. Yes, indeed,

Your dog is welcome at my hotel. And, if your

Dog will vouch for you, you're welcome to stay

Here, too."

:laugh: :thumbsup: Love it! So true!

Not in an area that you were asking - but thought I would throw it out there and see if there is interest from dog owners.

We have a 3 bed cottage overlooking Lake Eildon at Bonnie Doon - We have been thinking of perhaps renting it out at times, just more as a word of mouth thing.

2 rooms with queen beds and 1 room with two singles. There is a 4 acre paddock at the back (farm fencing) co-owned with the other houses in the street and about 250 metres walk to the waters edge (no water when we brought it in the drought). Walking distance to the pub and still a safe staggering distance home.

Cottage is old fashioned (60's original condition orange shag pile and mission brown tiles) but clean and tidy, reverse aircon, bathroom old but very serviceable and good toilet. We are planning a few renovations perhaps vinyl floor throughout to keep it dog friendly and upgrade kitchen and bathroom down the line to make it more practical.

We wanted somewhere we could take the dogs, oh and the kids, and they had somewhere to run around and play in the water. Currently only have a farm fence with chicken wire but planning to build a holding pen for the dogs when we want to go out.

Its a really quiet area for people to go and chill out, great cafe and restaurants in Mansfield 20 min drive - if your into fishing, water skiing etc and in winter there is plenty of walking and only just over an hour to Bulla Ski Resort.

My dogs love it

post-23842-0-61846900-1333412290_thumb.jpg

Edited by alpha bet

Hi Guys!

We want to go on a short break and bring the dogs with us, thinking of up in the Dandenongs....

I'm doing all the googling one can muster and have found a few possibilites but thought I'd check here (DOL knows all) to see if anyone had any recommendations for dog friendly properties in that area?

Especially if anyone has stayed in one they really liked or knows of one with a good rep!

Thanks heaps! :)

MDBAPacers Raffle www.mdbapacers.org.au

BestFriend Holiday Retreat

www.bestfriend.net.au

Phone: 035186 1216

Has kindly donated a 5 night holiday [sunday to Friday] in a deluxe cabinfor 2 people and their 4 legged Best Friends [excluding long week-ends] and tobe taken by the 15th of December ,2012. Valued at $1095.

To help us to raise much needed fundsfor us to be able to continue our work which is in high demand we would appreciateit if you could buy some tickets and or take some books of 10 tickets to sell forus - Tickets are $2 each.

2nd Prize is a magnificent originalOil Painting fully framed size 1360mm X 760mm of a herd of horses running alonga beach.

3rd prize is 1 large and 1medium Pet beds by Bono Fido

4th prize is a CanineShampoo Pack with grooming tools.

5th Prize is an MDBA SnakeBite Kit

6th prize is a Perfect PawsMemento Tin

7th Prize is a pack of 20Dog themed greeting Cards.

Tickets are $2 each.

All proceeds go to Pacers with no onefrom Pacers being paid wages.

Drawn 14/7/12

We would appreciate it if you could buysome tickets and or take some books of tickets to sell for us.

Please contact [email protected] or 0269276707