Good Toys For Giant Breed Pups

LOLAFOLATA

Hi, would be great to get some ideas for toys/games that don't cost the earth and are relatively indestructable - in short term, anyway :o

Bought Daisy-Mae (Mastiff) a giant Kong on Sunday threw it around a bit and left her with it while I did some chores around garden. All of 20mins and she'd chewed through one end :eek: She has already destroyed and de-squeaked one of those indestructable rings. Very reluctant to leave rubber items for her as they don't show up in xrays if large piece ingested and can't be passed - been there done that :(

This morning gave her heavy plastic screw topped container (ones fish oil capsules come in) with some rice inside. She showed it no mercy and it was gone within minutes - had a great time in the process. Also some cardboard boxes, they were finished before I left for work - once she got over being afraid of them initially.

Any new ideas gratefully appreciated

Have you looked at the 'aussie dog toys' site? They make products for zoo animals as well as destruco dogs.

Ive heard good things about the 'staffy ball'

, though they are expensive.

Thanks CBD,

Have checked out 'Staffy ball' and decided to purchase. They are pricey! :eek: If it keeps baby occupied and from destroying other items around yard - worth every penny ;)

Old Go-Kart tyres are long lasting.

Good one thanks Sway. Will investigate where I can source near me

Just saw another thread with huge discounts on toys etc. you might find something suitable there...I thought this was very tough looking (insert wink)

http://www.dogwise.com/ItemDetails.cfm?ID=K9X256

here is the site http://www.dogwise.com/Sale/index.cfm

Thanks Kadbury will have trawl through

A box to rip up - will only last minutes, but costs nothing and they love to tear something apart.

Gave her two, megan, my yard is covered in cardboard 'confetti' :laugh: