Crate With Sloping Sides For Car

JackieW

I've just gone from a van to an X-trail, and although my crates fit the new car when the seats are down, I'm looking at leaving the seats up and having some sort of crate arrangement for 2 dogs in the boot. Barjo in the UK makes the sort of thing I'm after http://www.barjo.co.uk/products/barjo-folding-vehicle-kennel-vk3xd. Does anyone know anywhere in Australia that sells something similar? The other alternative is something like Puppy Bars, but I'd like a back and sides (and maybe floor) as well, so that it could be completely removed if necessary - like this http://www.barjo.co.uk/products/dog-guard-divider-and-2-door-tailgate-guards I'm north of Brisbane, does anyone know of someone who could make something like this at a reasonable cost? Thanks

Edited by JackieW

I'm getting my friends DH to make me something like puppy bars but with a front, divider and back (2 doors) for my dogs. Will be a week or so but I can post pics once it's done and then give you his contact details if you are interested.

P.S I have a Suzuki Swift and 2 GSDs so am folding the back seat down for space.

• 1 month later...

Thanks Zeebie. A friend gave me some links to Gumtree where there are a few people selling ute cages. I actually got a quote from someone but he said for a one-off it'd be expensive at $1,000+. I've also got a local guy having a look at it. I'm on the north side so Samford would be handy.

Thanks Nekhbet but the Hagen ones aren't quite what I'm after. What I really want is something like the Barjo vk3xd in my original post, a crate with a divider for 2 dogs. Unfortunately postage from the UK is extortionate.

hit up some steel fabrication places for a quote and if you have an existing barrier for the x-trail the manufacture and price will come down. Unfortunately there are too many models on the market and not enough popularity for things like Barjo's products to be massed produced. They will always have to be manufactured or modified to a degree.

http://home.exetel.com.au/belmoreauto/passenger.php

Thanks heaps. I've PMed you back. Bit chilly down there after the Sunshine Coast isn't it? Mind you, it's chilly up here today too... :)

JackieW, I am so sorry I haven't replied earlier. We moved down to Vic and am on pre-pay internet at the moment so not online much. I will pm you now :)

We met a fellow BSD owner on our walk yesterday and they supply these. I would post a link if I knew how (yes, I am one of the technically inept), but they are on facebook - search for "Dog Transport Boxes". They are located in Brisbane.

post-31807-0-31851800-1338085978_thumb.jpg