Merbein Show - 14/15 April. Red Cliffs.

pebbles

Anyone coming to the above shows from Melbourne direction --- I was at the grounds at Red Cliffs today and the usual entry, first road into the grounds, has been closed off. There are posts embedded in the ground and a 'no entry' sign up so I would assume it's a permanent fixture. The next entry off the main road is a bit further on, brick pillars either side. As this is a right hand turn over the main road I thought I'd give a warning of the changed conditions. Good luck to all entered.

This is because they no longer use the oval where the cricket pitch is (furtherest from caravan park). They now use the oval closer to the caravan park where the brick building is. As such it is easier to go through the next gates to get onto the oval. The old gateway closer to Red Cliffs would have meant driving in and around the ovals and almost back onto the main raod again. to get onto the oval being used.

Well, well easy to see I haven't been to that weekend for a while :o I always stop in there when I go to Mildura to shop and this is the first time I've seen that road closed, had to go around the block.

Thanks to the update on the show area.

Well, well easy to see I haven't been to that weekend for a while :o I always stop in there when I go to Mildura to shop and this is the first time I've seen that road closed, had to go around the block.

Thanks to the update on the show area.

Couldn't tell you when they blocked the other turnoff. I don't use it as for us it is the furtherest entry whereas for you it is the closest entry.

I was there about 3 weeks ago and it wasn't there then. My 2 dogs come with me and I always go in there to give them a run, it's a great spot. Don't know why they went to that oval - no shade and so close to the caravan ground.

Sat results (some)

BIG - Group 2: Westie

BIG - Group 3: IWS - also OIS

BIG - Group 4: Basset - also RUBIS

BIG - Group 5: Aussie Shepherd - our girl Poppy

BIG - Group 6: PMD

BIG - Group 7: Shar Pei - also BIS

Sun results:

Group 2: Westie

Group 3: IWS

Group 5: GSD

We had a great weekend, two Juniors in Group with our silky boy plus he was titled on the Saturday. Only damper on our weekend was the fact that we got there at about 2pm on Friday, put up our gazebo only to find it moved the next morning when we got there. Wont say who it was but I was very dissapointed in the well known exhibitor. Even the people next to us had theirs moved as well. All that effort to get 15 feet closer to the ring entrance?

We had a great weekend, two Juniors in Group with our silky boy plus he was titled on the Saturday. Only damper on our weekend was the fact that we got there at about 2pm on Friday, put up our gazebo only to find it moved the next morning when we got there. Wont say who it was but I was very dissapointed in the well known exhibitor. Even the people next to us had theirs moved as well. All that effort to get 15 feet closer to the ring entrance?

Congrats on your title. Were you staying at the caravan park. I did see some silkies at one of the sites there.

Must say I find it disgraceful the way some people think they have some higher right to spots and just move other peoples stuff. We had something similar happen to us once. Arrived and set up gazebo ready for the weekend. When we came back next morning someone else had moved us back from the ring and setup in front of us. As they weren't there we moved their gear out into the car park area behind everyone else and put our gazebo back where it was originally.

Got heaps of dirty looks from them all weekend but they didn't actually say anything about it. Probably knew that what they did was wrong. I was waiting for something to be said though.

Congrats on your title. Were you staying at the caravan park. I did see some silkies at one of the sites there.

Must say I find it disgraceful the way some people think they have some higher right to spots and just move other peoples stuff. We had something similar happen to us once. Arrived and set up gazebo ready for the weekend. When we came back next morning someone else had moved us back from the ring and setup in front of us. As they weren't there we moved their gear out into the car park area behind everyone else and put our gazebo back where it was originally.

Got heaps of dirty looks from them all weekend but they didn't actually say anything about it. Probably knew that what they did was wrong. I was waiting for something to be said though.

Yes we were at the caravan park, we were the only silkys entered sadly but apart from the little incident we had a great weekend. Oh I made lots of snide remarks all weekend too, didn't seem to phase them though. They were already there when we got there otherwise I think I would have moved them lol. Never mind I think they got the hint that I wasn't happy.