How Good Are Your Contracts?

Andisa

I am sure some of you may have seen my thread in OT - please check your contracts and make sure they will protect your pups.

Don't rely on a basic contract or you will be very disappointed, get one done up by a lawyer and find out what is needed to make it enforceable .

I thought mine was ok - has ticked many boxes but I am still having problems.

Some owners are the nothing but lying bastards and I am dealing with one now..

Hello Andisa,

I had a quick look but didn't find your OT thread but I do feel your anger about contracts and I didn't even feel that it was necessary to have one until last September when I sold my 8 month old puppy to some #*^&%$ who had her PTS after having her for less than two weeks claiming that she had hip dyslasia but that is all in my thread.

The whole five months it was happening the lying %%$#* took me to Hell & Back, I couldn't sleep, it was on my mind constantly and the anger will be with me forever. I have a litter now and I have refused so many a puppy I am paranoid about their reasons for wanting a puppy.

Now I have a contract that states that it will be voided if the dog/puppy has a suspect hip/elbow or genetic problem and I am not contacted or if it is euthanized for any reason with out contacting me.

Don't know exactly if it will stand up in court though?

Sorry for your troubles.

Edited by Fordogs

What really makes me mad, is we as breeders always strive to do the right thing by our puppies/breed...but its NEVER the puppy farmers/pet shops that are taken to court and are used and abused by puppy owners..

What really makes me mad, is we as breeders always strive to do the right thing by our puppies/breed...but its NEVER the puppy farmers/pet shops that are taken to court and are used and abused by puppy owners..

I agree.