Boarding Kennel V's In Home Care

Colliewood

73 members have voted

1. 1. Hi, doing a small poll for a Tafe assignment, asking your preferences on Boarding Kennels v's in home care for your pets when you holiday. I am talking about paid care not the neighbours feeding them. Thank you in advance.

In home care for me, definitely.

ETA: Just read the whole thread, I also have someone live in my home while I am away, if it were between a boarding kennel or someone visiting only once/twice a day rather than living in, I would choose a boarding kennel.

Edited by Aussie3

For us a kennel. Charges $22.00 per day. No discount for more than, one our dogs would want to bunk together, no discount if you provide food and dogs must be

Yearly vacc ( I do 2nd yearly) and the cost for 5 is 100 per day..... Approx.

We tend to travel with or rely on mil and step son.

I get annoyed that my dog's vaccination schedule is dictated by what is required by a kennel. Why do they have this requirement for vaccinations to be done yearly when the AVA and many vets now recommend 3 yearly?

yeah that's one of the reasons I don't use kennels.

My dog loves boarding kennels. And yes it's got to be the right ones.

She loves playing with other dogs and she gets along with most all other dogs, so it makes it easy for the kennel staff to place her.

And I'm confident - with boarding kennels recommended by my friends - that she will be looked after, and she won't be escaping to look for me.

I suspect if we went for in home, she'd protect the home from whomever I was trying to pay to look after. I do know one in home service, but she only does "outside the home" so the dog has to have access to outside the home, and I can't leave my dog outside all the time - because there is no proper shelter for her there, and I don't feel she's entirely safe being left outside. There is a really nutty dog hater at the end of my street - basically screams and yells at every dog owner she sees. And a barking dog hater in the middle - very close to where I live. And I don't have a dog door. And one big enough for her - would be big enough to let burglars in too.

I voted boarding kennels our dogs would just be better in them especially the terrier. We have to face the dilema of leaving our two in July that I dread but the kennels are great and I know they will be safe just an over protective mum.