Black Check Chains

Danois

Hi

Has anyone seen black check chains around in show supplies vans etc? I know stock did not come into the country in December as usual as apparently the UK company is no longer operating.

I'm after a 60cm or 65cm one - I need the heavier chain not the fine one as its for a Dane if anyone can help!

I have a 75cm one here I got in the weekend which is just way too big. It was $25 from memory - has not been used - if anyone wants it they can have it for $20 including postage paid either as a donation to Dane rescue or you buy 20 raffle tickets from them!

Thanks Meea but I got the last black one from them in the weekend and I've not seen them in Don's for ages.

Ratz. That would hv been it. Tho they must hv had smaller ones then as I have a (relatively) smaller dog. :o)

I gave up on black check chains as the black does chip off as said...

I got one of the show lead makers to make me a black slip collar in the length I wanted so I can attached whatever lead I want to it :)

I should clarify - its not for the show ring these days - I did use them when he was shown but now its his standard collar when we're away from the house.

I just know the only places to get them are from show supply people.

If it for when he is being walked why not just get a nice silver or gold chain? The quality of the black chain ones is no where near as good IMO and if I didn't want it to blend into a black dog for the show ring I wouldn't even consider them.

Because I prefer the look of the black which does not break the line of his neck (it's a black dog) and that way to people don't feel the need to comment on using check chains.

I don't care at the quality either - if it chips after a few months so be it - I'll just get a new one!

does it have to be metal?? if he is good on a lead and sounds like he is?? i would suggest a fabric slip collar - u know those thinner round ones with a metal ring for attached the lead?? they would blend in nicely and people seems to think they are much nicer the a chain and dont comment as much LOL

Hi

Has anyone seen black check chains around in show supplies vans etc? I know stock did not come into the country in December as usual as apparently the UK company is no longer operating.

I'm after a 60cm or 65cm one - I need the heavier chain not the fine one as its for a Dane if anyone can help!

I have a 75cm one here I got in the weekend which is just way too big. It was $25 from memory - has not been used - if anyone wants it they can have it for $20 including postage paid either as a donation to Dane rescue or you buy 20 raffle tickets from them!

We are currently buying Herm Sprenger black small linked fur saver. We have used the Herm Sprenger curogan and stainless small linked in the past for the rottweilers at the specialty shows as you can use them as check or put them on dead lock with the lead clip as the links are big enough for this but not as ugly/ bulky as the long link fur saver.

We are going to try the black now as it will look nicer on the rotts but the Curogan looks nice on them too.

I think I remember reading The Black is not supposed to chip away as it is through the metal. The small link fur saver or bitch link as we call it is still pretty enough on the big dogs for all breed shows. They come in lots of sizes. Heidi Youle (Freelance Pet Rep) supplied our curogan ones and she is seeing if she can get the black stainless in the small link aswell. They are good quality and I've used them on my adult males without any problems.

They also had the black short link fur saver on ebay from UK company and I think if you go into their shop they have black normal check links as well. hopefully the link works so you can have a look

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HS-Black-Stainless-Steel-Short-Link-Fur-Saver-4-0mm-/250809370340?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Dogs&var=&hash=item801052eac5

Cheers Lee

If you are ever in Newcastle, some one told me that a shop called "the Pet Shop Boys" sells them, and I bought one in Feb, at the Maitland Show, from (i think) Mrs Glo??

Good luck with the Hunt :)