When Will Some Learn

Vacuna

I'm sorry m_sass, but you have NFI.

You sound like just another Bull breed hater. :swear:

No, I am not a Bull breed hater at all, but I do hate the type of people who refuse to recognise that gameness and predatory type aggression is bred into the dog. You can't put aggression and gameness into any dog, that's absolute nonesense to the point that many of the guardian breeds are not strong enough to be trained in defence without the genetics for the job.

Many of these BYB Bull/Mastiff type breedings often passed off as Pitbulls are bred for aggression to be sold as protection type or tough dogs. I have a problem with these type of breedings and the ease at which just anyone can aquire them.

Edited by m-sass

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No not at all, I am not a supporter of the Bull breed crap that people blend together in their back yard, they are the people who suffer NFI. I would like to know the amount of Bull breeds featuring in visious attacks that were actually bred by an experienced breeder, I suggest would be minimal if at all??.

I would like to respond to your post, but I can't understand your gibberish, please talk english.

No, I am not a Bull breed hater at all, but I do hate the type of people who refuse to recognise that gameness and predatory type aggression is bred into the dog. You can't put aggression and gameness into any dog, that's absolute nonesense to the point that many of the guardian breeds are not strong enough to be trained in defence without the genetics for the job.

Many of these BYB Bull/Mastiff type breedings often passed off as Pitbulls are bred for aggression to be sold as protection type or tough dogs. I have a problem with these type of breedings and the ease at which just anyone can aquire them.

As I said, you have NFI. You are brainwashed by the media. My beautiful gentle giant who has crossed the rainbow bridge, was the sweetest, gentle dog you could ever know, he was one of those horrid Bull breed mixes. :swear:

http://www.pitbull-chat.com/showthread.php?2779-DON-T-Leave-your-Dogs-Unsupervised

This makes some interesting- although eye opening reading.

As I understand it, it is from a well respected Bull forum.

We talking about the bolded stories at the top of the page?

Two stories of dogs attacking either each other or another dog.

Two stories of dogs hanging themselves.

Two stories of dogs getting out of the yard and being knocked over and killed.

One story of a dog being poisoned.

Those ones?

http://www.pitbull-c...gs-Unsupervised

Those ones?

I wondered the same thing TT and how it was relevant to this discussion (ie. the OP was about a dog biting a child). :confused:

Those ones?

I wondered the same thing TT and how it was relevant to this discussion (ie. the OP was about a dog biting a child). :confused:

It's just another excuse for the Bull breed haters, to jump on the media hysteria bandwagon. :swear:

Those ones?

It's just another excuse for the Bull breed haters, to jump on the media hysteria bandwagon. :swear:

You might tell that to the sites owner then?

Those ones?

I wouldn't bother, because everyone here has a right to post. I just get annoyed at ignorant people who bag Bull breeds because of the media.

My boy who is no longer with me, was one of those "vicious" breeds, yet the moment a child, or a small dog came near him, he immediately dropped on his stomach, I never trained him to do that, he sensed they were smaller so didn't want to scare them.

The media & Hugh Wirthless are the reason that BSL came in. :swear:

Those ones?

I wouldn't bother, because everyone here has a right to post. I just get annoyed at ignorant people who bag Bull breeds because of the media.

My boy who is no longer with me, was one of those "vicious" breeds, yet the moment a child, or a small dog came near him, he immediately dropped on his stomach, I never trained him to do that, he sensed they were smaller so didn't want to scare them.

Are you saying the breeds reported as Bull breeds by the media are falsified? What breed was the dog who charged into the house and killed the poor little girl, a Labrador reported as a Bull/Mastiff X perhaps?

Regardless of breeds you do get dogs that are more anxious, agressive, submissive or laid back in every breed. Its up to the dogs owners to recognise this and correct any bad behaviours. No dog wakes up one morning and thinks... Hmmm I might just go bite someone. There are warning signs before this happens and the owner either didn't recognise them, care or rewarded them.

Ive met alot of big sooky bull breeds but ive also met alot of pyschotic chiuauas (sp?) (sorry to any chi owners out there) should we ban chiuauas because of my experience? Also mixed breeds are a best guess at times so who even knows if any of these dogs where bully breeds but if they look the part and you don't have proof of there heritage a dog can be labeld a dangerous breed.

Those ones?

Are you saying the breeds reported as Bull breeds by the media are falsified? What breed was the dog who charged into the house and killed the poor little girl, a Labrador reported as a Bull/Mastiff X perhaps?

Actually there is a very well documented case in the USA where a working collie-type severely mauled a toddler on a farm in the mid west. This was reported all over the USA as a pit bull attack because, in the words of the editor - pit bull attacks sell, collie attacks don't.

No I am not saying the dog that killed the child in Melbourne was a labrador, but it certainly wasn't an American Pit Bull Terrier. It was a mutt and who is to say it wasn't a Bullmastiff x Labrador x Staffordshire Bull Terrier x Golden Retriever x Rottweiler x Border Collie - which makes it 1/2 "nice" breeds and 1/2 "horrible" breeds - so which "half" attacked???

Badly bred dogs + ignorant owners = trouble.

Those ones?

Actually there is a very well documented case in the USA where a working collie-type severely mauled a toddler on a farm in the mid west. This was reported all over the USA as a pit bull attack because, in the words of the editor - pit bull attacks sell, collie attacks don't.

No I am not saying the dog that killed the child in Melbourne was a labrador, but it certainly wasn't an American Pit Bull Terrier. It was a mutt and who is to say it wasn't a Bullmastiff x Labrador x Staffordshire Bull Terrier x Golden Retriever x Rottweiler x Border Collie - which makes it 1/2 "nice" breeds and 1/2 "horrible" breeds - so which "half" attacked???

Precisely Sandra.

I totally agree :thumbsup: except many people seem not to like the idea of pressure being applied to the "badly bred dogs component", unfortunately when the ignorant/irresponsible owner surfaces it's too late, their dog has already done the damage :confused:

IMHO, it's time control was placed upon dog breeding in general to eliminate the present structure which is ultimately a free for all, do as you please situation. It's the breeders of crap dogs faced the music, if you breed rubbish from randomly putting a male and female together that ends up a landshark which comes from a BYB NFI basis, their breeding of dogs needs to be formally stopped. Dog breeding on a do what ever you like basis is rediculous that it's been allowed to go on for so long :mad

I totally agree :thumbsup: except many people seem not to like the idea of pressure being applied to the "badly bred dogs component", unfortunately when the ignorant/irresponsible owner surfaces it's too late, their dog has already done the damage :confused:

IMHO, it's time control was placed upon dog breeding in general to eliminate the present structure which is ultimately a free for all, do as you please situation. It's the breeders of crap dogs faced the music, if you breed rubbish from randomly putting a male and female together that ends up a landshark which comes from a BYB NFI basis, their breeding of dogs needs to be formally stopped. Dog breeding on a do what ever you like basis is rediculous that it's been allowed to go on for so long :mad

It's a nice thought but it is pie in the sky stuff. How do you enforce dog breeding practices? They can't enforce the current laws they have now. I would prefer to see more education and involvement of the community.

It's a nice thought but it is pie in the sky stuff. How do you enforce dog breeding practices? They can't enforce the current laws they have now. I would prefer to see more education and involvement of the community.

First there needs to be laws controlling dog breeding practices, perhaps a council permit to breed would be a good start.

First there needs to be laws controlling dog breeding practices, perhaps a council permit to breed would be a good start.

Oh yes, that would stop the bogans dead in their tracks.

Bad owners don't obey the laws NOW, why make more and more and more laws which won't be policed but which WILL stop law abiding caring breeders from breeding?

And don't say it won't because as soon as you make a law that you need a permit to do something there is a fee attached - and many small-scale breeders simply cannot afford yet another fee on top of the costs they have now for the "privilege" of breeding a litter once every four or five years.

Plus most of these laws are made by people who have no clue in the world about breeding dogs and they end up with rediculous requirements such as someone with two chihuahuas having a litter once every three years needs to build a $150,000 "breeding facility" to get a permit to do so.

Permits and similar restrictions just opens the gate to large scale puppy farmers - which is the worst thing in the world for companion animals.

The answer is education not legislation - always has been.

Edited by Sandra777

If this could be a reality would you like to see the APBT taken off the banned list and be responsibly bred?

I know i would.

If this could be a reality would you like to see the APBT taken off the banned list and be responsibly bred?

I know i would.

x2

Nothing wrong with the APBT, it's the cross bred mutts which are the problem!!