Companion Animal Act Nsw

wizard if posts are true, im so glad you have your boy back......

secondly i would like to add.......anyone who finds a stray regardless of if you are rescue needs to do things by the law.... im a pound worker and have just come across a rescue group who is breaking the law....taking matters into your own hands is not how you go about it and having your so called foster carers abuse staff showing that we are on the other side of the line burnt my oil completely .....you do not have the power too enforce the law whether you think right or wrong..... im glad the post is here and will refer the act posted...im against animal abuse and back yard breeding but you have no right to take matters into your own hands...and too anyone who finds a stray animal do the right thing by the animal and its searching owner...impound the animal as hard as it is and then help the animal if it becomes urgent within the pound system.....

oh dear fediie. Not a rescue again. :( Things are coming unravelled I swear.

Bkossom78, if you were in NSW you'd be wrong on both the getting of private details from the C.A.R. and taking the animal home.

I'm really glad it's worked out happily for everyone so far, you must have different regs in the ACT.

Yep, that's what I just realised.Must be diff regs.

Domestic Animal Services here get involved if and when they have to. In the past, they have also been happy for me t give them my details on the phone, the microchip number, they contact the owner, the owner then gets in touch with me for collecting their dog. :)We also have dogs that made it a habit of going for unsupervised walkies in our neighbourhood. Especially in school holidays when kids leave gates open.We all just yell at the dogs, flap our arms, and the dogs turn around and wander back home. :)

But yes, we do live on the bum-end of Canberra with no through traffic, and significantly more dogs & horses (combined) than people.