Best Online Bookstores

I get most of mine from Dogwisesmile.gif

I did get one via fishpond a few months back. Took about 3 weeks to arrive and was less than half the price of anywhere else. They don't seem to have very good reviews though..

Fishpond used to be very good, but they've gone "off" lately and their delivery is very slow now :(

If you have an e-reading device the Amazon Kindle store has a pretty good range - no shipping costs & no waiting :D

Here's 1200 of them to get you started -

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-text&field-keywords=Dog+training

Enabler!!!!

ETA...and they are so cheap! Someone lock up my visa card :cry:

Edited by PuddleDuck

If you have an e-reading device the Amazon Kindle store has a pretty good range - no shipping costs & no waiting :D

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-text&field-keywords=Dog+training

Enabler!!!!

:p

:laugh: Welcome to my world! I even have one-click buying turned on :cry:

I normally get my books from The Book Depository around two weeks after I've ordered them. I've never had to wait as long as four weeks.

If you know the title of the book you want you can use http://booko.com.au/ to find the cheapest supplier. They work out the cost of the book plus postage, so you can see straight away whether it's cheaper to pay more for the book from somewhere that doesn't charge postage.

It frustrates me that not more people recommend this source--I have found several places cheaper than the Book Depository thanks to this website (I mean that's its purpose, to compare lost of places that sell books to Australia!!).

So people, forget about Book Depository as your first go-to place, if you know the title of the book, check out BOOKO first, because you may be in for a surprise with cheaper sources. :laugh:

Enabler!!!!

:p

:laugh: Welcome to my world! I even have one-click buying turned on :cry:

Me too:eek:

A couple of things:

Book Depository just delivered the Stanley Coren dog paperback I ordered : 12 days (so I eat my words apart from the cupcake book and maybe others)

I checked out a book I needed for my Delta course on that comparison tool (booko.com.au) - didn't mention the Fishpond price at all...didn't have any E-books for that title. It gave me a hard copy price at Amzazon plus postage and Book Dep and Abedobooks plus postage. I know I can get the e-book for $9.99 from Dogwise or Wagschool Books (I buy local when I can and their prices for e-books are the same).

So it's like a lot of those comparison websites - does not always include the whole range of suppliers. May still be useful though and save some time.

I get most of mine from Dogwisesmile.gif

I did get one via fishpond a few months back. Took about 3 weeks to arrive and was less than half the price of anywhere else. They don't seem to have very good reviews though..

I always check the reviews out on Amzaon - they seem to have the most. Then I source the book from wherever is cheapest. When I was buying several titles at once - I found that the Amazon prices were generally very competitive and often cheaper, even with postage.

A couple of things:

Book Depository just delivered the Stanley Coren dog paperback I ordered : 12 days (so I eat my words apart from the cupcake book and maybe others)

I checked out a book I needed for my Delta course on that comparison tool (booko.com.au) - didn't mention the Fishpond price at all...didn't have any E-books for that title. It gave me a hard copy price at Amzazon plus postage and Book Dep and Abedobooks plus postage. I know I can get the e-book for $9.99 from Dogwise or Wagschool Books (I buy local when I can and their prices for e-books are the same).

So it's like a lot of those comparison websites - does not always include the whole range of suppliers. May still be useful though and save some time.

I don't think booko lists e-books, only hard copies. As I understand it, it searches the databases of the online bookstores and if it finds the product lists the price. If it doesn't find the book in some of the databases it lists those stores it couldn't find it in, in a spreadsheet under the list of prices as either "not found" or "not available". Fishpond is on their listing so if it didn't come up with the Fishpond price it couldn't find it when it did the search, presumably because either Fishpond don't stock it or something about their listing is keyed differently (incorrect ISBN or title etc..)

They have a separate section for an E-books search.

A couple of things:

I don't think booko lists e-books, only hard copies. As I understand it, it searches the databases of the online bookstores and if it finds the product lists the price. If it doesn't find the book in some of the databases it lists those stores it couldn't find it in, in a spreadsheet under the list of prices as either "not found" or "not available". Fishpond is on their listing so if it didn't come up with the Fishpond price it couldn't find it when it did the search, presumably because either Fishpond don't stock it or something about their listing is keyed differently (incorrect ISBN or title etc..)

They have a separate section for an E-books search.

It's in beta stage and it's pretty bad, I wouldn't bother with it. But if you're looking for paperback books, Booko is definitely king. It does get a bit tricky with differing editions though, because then I need to click on different editions results to check which one is the cheapest.

Just thought I'd let people know - the books I ordered from bookdepository.co.uk on 30 April arrived today :) That's 9 days, or 6-7 working days. Pretty happy with that :thumbsup: